Black screen at XBMC boot ( Tv connection only )
Question 
Hi all!

I have installed Ubuntu minimal 10.04 X64, following the tutorial in the linux installation wiki on a pure fusion e350; then I followed the unofficial ATI installation driver for linux, using propietary drivers manual installation.

Here the problem:
When I boot the HTPC, connected to a "normal" screen I have no problem but when I boot with the tv connected ( Panasonic Viera, on or off ) it normally visualize the grub but when the logo of xbmc should appear, a black screen appear and remain.
Halting down the pc with a single pression of the power button sends the blinking underscore to the tv; I've tried all possible connection ( VGA, DVI and HDMI ) but no one seems to work when xbmc boot.

What can I do?
Sorry for my bad english, bye bye.
hi.. i have the same problem... can anyone help us??
did you do this?
Code:
sudo aticonfig --initial -f

ubuntu minimal is excatly that - very minimal. For users that do not have much experience with linux, its way easier to go with a normal ubuntu desktop install.
Thx for the reply!
I've tryed several times the aticonfig --inital -f command, but seems that the video card won't collaborate.
I think that the problem is in the Xorg.conf but I can' find where: if you want I'll post all the logs you want.

I use Ubuntu 11.04 x64 ( in past 10.04 x64, but had the same problem )
MB: Sapphire mini e350 pure fusion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen at XBMC boot ( Tv connection only )0