advancedsettings not working
Hi all

I cannot get my advancedsettings.xml to work. I just want XBMC to remove the titles in the library that i have deleted on my share. I don't need the other settings. I have made a advancedsettings.xml file and placed in xbmc/userdata

It looks like this.
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> <!-- default set to false to prevent xbmc from removing items from the database while updating -->
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

But it just doesnt remove movies from the library, can anyone help?
Check you debug log to see if it's loading.
The advancedsettings.xml file needs to go in the C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\XBMC\userdata

and not C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata
Robotica Wrote:The advancedsettings.xml file needs to go in the C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\XBMC\userdata

and not C:\Program Files\XBMC\userdata

Depends on if he's using portable mode or not.
I worked when i put it in the right folder. Thanks guys for the help
sialivi Wrote:Depends on if he's using portable mode or not.

I'm using portable mode and have cleanonupdate set to true in advanced settings the file is in XBMC\portable_data\userdata.

I see that it is cleaning the database on Library updates, unfortunately when it's done, i have to reapply the content type for sources..

When i remove cleanonupdate everything works fine agian..

But I do want to have it clean my library on updates.

I'm using 20110725-cce6614-master build
chuckkay Wrote:I'm using portable mode and have cleanonupdate set to true in advanced settings the file is in XBMC\portable_data\userdata.

I see that it is cleaning the database on Library updates, unfortunately when it's done, i have to reapply the content type for sources...

When i remove cleanonupdate everything works fine agian..

But I do want to have it clean my library on updates.

I'm using 20110725-cce6614-master build

actually it looks like it's not the fault of the cleanonupdate advancedsetting

because when i disabled it, libray updates are fine, and source content is fine, but when i do a manual clean library the content type on my sources gets erased.
chuckkay Wrote:actually it looks like it's not the fault of the cleanonupdate advancedsetting

because when i disabled it, libray updates are fine, and source content is fine, but when i do a manual clean library the content type on my sources gets erased.

tried deleting MyVideos.db file and started from scratch
everything works until i do a clean library, then i loose my sources content type.
turns out it's a problem with Webdav sources

see this thread...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103821

the problem goes away if the source is FTP

so this is a bug with Webdav

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings not working0