Stuck in Library mode on iPad2
Finally registered just for this thread.

I must say after having been forced to upgrade to a newer build due to the need for DXVA de-interlacing I was flummoxed by this as well.

This change forces the following things:
1). Video no longer goes right to the configured list of video sources. Is there a way to fix this without edits to each skin each tiem a skin/xbmc update comes out?
2). Playlists option is always on and always visible under the video menu. Is there a way to hide these, again without edits to skins each time a skin/xbmc update comes out?
3). Skins that used to be able to display the full path to files in file mode now just display "Video - Library" which is USELESS when trying to talk an aggravated wife into how to navigate where she needs to be over the phone. Is there a way to get the old full path breadcrumb listing that was available in file mode back, again without edits to skins each time a skin/xbmc update comes out?

Can I just say I'd love a build with proper DXVA de-interlacing (should have been supported from the get-go as DXVA specifications required the hardware to have a minimum of 2 modes) that matches 10.1 functionality.

The wife acceptance fact and ease of support factor has dropped due to forced library modes.

Please don't get me wrong, I personally like XBMC. Just not a fan of these changes.
Had to find this thread again to remember how to edit the skin (as Confluence - Vertical was just updated) to restore my direct access to "File Mode" vs. "Library Mode".

I wish this was something which could be done via the GUI - I've now got several XBMC boxes deployed, and I have to make this change to each one.

It wasn't until I opened a copy of XBMC on my PC which hadn't been used for a while that I realized that the skin had been updated (saw the little updater icon flash by).

I might have been going around in circles for a while without that nudge in the right direction...

-- Phob
There's an option now in XBMC's settings to always open in file view when you tab/select "videos".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck in Library mode on iPad20