Subtitles addon is missing background
Hitcher Wrote:Not feeling the love in this thread. Wink

pecinko Wrote:OK, thanks. I must have said something wrong again, sorry.

hmm, maybe i did?
wasn't intentional at least.

pecinko Wrote:I'll try to make it fun for myself (might use different colors for each line), hopefully it will work out somehow.

just let me know if you you get stuck/need any help.

cheers.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I wouldn't mind a standardize button, focus overlay, fonts, etc... available for addon GUI developers. I honestly don't like the looks of my addon on some skins, the fonts vary from skin to skin often making it almost unreadable. Though I like the idea of Skin designers building a skin to match your skin, with your animations, so it becomes part of your skin.
giftie Wrote:I wouldn't mind a standardize button, focus overlay, fonts, etc... available for addon GUI developers. I honestly don't like the looks of my addon on some skins, the fonts vary from skin to skin often making it almost unreadable.

font sizes are the biggest issue imo. currently the script falls back to whatever the skin has defined as 'font13' and this may indeed be tiny.
because of this, scripts can basically only use 1 fontsize in their gui, which makes it look dull.

now if it could be made possible for scripts to use the default font included in xbmc and either define their own fontset for it
or use some pre-defined one included in xbmc.....it would make things look a whole lot prettier.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The problem is standardisation of names used really. We either:

1. Have a list of standard names that addons can use, and a translation table that skinners can use for their skin, OR:

2. Have a list of standard names that addons and skins should use.

I really don't mind either way, though it's probably easier to validate skins comply with the "rules" if we enforce a table somewhere.

The key to start is a set of standardized names. Personally I see little point in scripts wanting to use different fontsets or different font sizes - that just guarantees that the script is going to stand out.

The standards would include:
* Font names
* Textures
* Colors
* Animations

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ronie Wrote:font sizes are the biggest issue imo. currently the script falls back to whatever the skin has defined as 'font13' and this may indeed be tiny.
because of this, scripts can basically only use 1 fontsize in their gui, which makes it look dull.

now if it could be made possible for scripts to use the default font included in xbmc and either define their own fontset for it
or use some pre-defined one included in xbmc.....it would make things look a whole lot prettier.

I believe we can use different fonts, depending on what the skin has(just tested, yep we can.. Smile ) but with out a standard, doesn't work well. (though looked pretty good in Transparency!) I orginally used 'font13' as it seemed fairly standard between most skins.
-1 on standardizing the textures, thats what the plugins are for.
only thing we need is the way to specify the font size to fall back to in case the one specified doesnt exist. in no way we should allow scripters to specify a different font as that might change the look and feel of the skin

^^ just my $0.02

@pecinko
you can skin it yourself, the current default look matches confluence 100% if you dont feel like re-skinning it for your skin you will have to learn how to live with it as it is. it will not change any time soon Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles addon is missing background0