How do you pick your media manager?
As far as I can tell, there are three main media managers:

- Media Center Master
- Media Companion
- Ember Media Manager

There are probably others too... They all seem to serve exactly the same purpose but obviously there must be some slight differences. How do you even go about choosing which one to use?
Sickbeard, CouchPotato + LogoDownloader seem to be all I need. They do everything I want and work truly cross platform (no mono hacks).
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
yup I use sickbeard + couch potato and works great for me!
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I wouldn't call SB/CP media managers they're not exactly going to help you if you want to edit nfo's or grab different artwork which is probably the only reasons for using one in the first place, personally I use Ember
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Fine then

Sickbeard, Couchpotato, XBMC, & TextEditor of Choice. XBMC makes my NFOs. It can grab other media.

And the text editor can change anything in the NFO.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:XBMC makes my NFOs. It can grab other media.

hmm.. My XBMC doesn't create the NFO files. How'd you get that done?
for XBMC to create your NFOs, you need to manually export your video library (to separate files) Settings>Video>Library>Export Video Library

it will export NFO and thumbs, fanart etc in the same folder as your media
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

The_Dogg Wrote:it will export NFO and thumbs, fanart etc in the same folder as your media

Is that all it will do? Create "related files" - or do I run the risk of creating other gibberish and/or overwriting files or something like that?
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Is that all it will do? Create "related files" - or do I run the risk of creating other gibberish and/or overwriting files or something like that?

If you Export the library (as stated above) it will create the associated NFO, Fanart, and Poster, however it WILL overwrite any of those if they already exist. No other 'gibberish' is created. Smile
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
darkscout Wrote:Fine then

Sickbeard, Couchpotato, XBMC, & TextEditor of Choice. XBMC makes my NFOs. It can grab other media.

I didn't say it couldn't be done I thought this thread was about how to choose a media manager not how you manage your media there's a million and one ways to do that

Exporting you library then changing nfo's and artwork just makes no sense to me at all unless you like refreshing or rebuilding your whole library after you made the changes a media manger lets you do all this before you add it to your library

Maybe I'm wrong I thought a media manager was a single app that allowed you to manage your media and looking at the examples in the first post so did the OP
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
the best media manager is XBNE, have one nice feature, it updates mysql database
vmsferreira Wrote:the best media manager is XBNE, have one nice feature, it updates mysql database

Only for Windows though isn't it?
Aenima99x Wrote:Only for Windows though isn't it?

yes
I personally use XWMM....it's web-based, so it's platform independent.
i prefer xbne:

- use and update mysql database
- scrap using my home language for movies
- download trailers
- etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you pick your media manager?0