A few (fairly) new scripts
wow, great scripts man, love the maddox one, never heard of tommy (seems to be a copy of maddox really?).

but most of all, i love the torrentspy browser, it's my favourite torrent site! if it could be made to work with azureus that would make my day. i'll see if i can't get it to work myself.

{edit} the torrentspy script doesn't seem to download torrents correctly, i just get a file called download.torrent in my torrents directory on the xbox with this in it.
Quote:error timeout - failed to download
hmm... i'll take a look.

i just finished that script this morning, and i had tested the download option at one point, but not after completion. i use it with an abc server myself.

i'll let you know what i find.
ok, you may have noticed that the torrentbrowser script stopped working entirely yesterday. torrentspy made a small change to their code and i have updated it to reflect the change.

as for the local download of torrent files coming up corrupt, i tested it myself and it seemed to work fine. i know the site has been up and down a bit in the last few days, maybe it went down in the middle of the transfer.
wow amazing script!!

just got it to trigger the dl of crazy taxi 3 sitting on the sofa downsatirs to my pc upstairs in abctorrent with no problem,

excellent!!!!!!!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
cool script. i cant get it to download anything though. im pretty sure i have got it setup properly. take a look below.im trying to download to my xbox (local):

# save method: local, ftp or abc
save_method = "local"

# local save path
local_torrent_save_path = "e:\\torrents\\"

quick question if i may. when im attempting to download, am i free to still watch a video whilst the torrent is downloading? or do i have to leave it or something?

cheers
this script will only download the .torrent file, which you would then have to open with a bit-torrent client. there are some out there (i think boxtorrent and multitorrent are names of some). this program does not download the actual content that the bit-torrent client would.

the only other thing i can suggest is that you create the directory e:\torrents if you haven't already. if you're still having problems email me.
hi,

is it possible to alter the site the script connects to/searches to say xboxsky tracker for example without a full re-write of the script ?

i have tried pasitng the url in the script in place of torrentspy also the search and download protion of the url to the respective fields but i dont get past 'connecting to torrents'

i dont know python so have come to a halt.

torrentspy seems to be either rebooting or too busy on most attempts to connect unfortunalty, when its up it great

still thanks for a great script.
unfortunately the parse function is specific to torrentspy. a rewrite of just that function, however should make it work.
after a few days of messing about, i have got it sussed, well kind of.

using torrentbrowser and bitbox i can now browse files and download them directly to my xbox. but its a bit fiddly sometimes, but it works.

what i would like to know is, i want to change the menu settings for torrentbrowser..say change film clips to latest torrents a la http://www.torrentspy.com/latest.asp.

["film clips", -2, "directory.asp?mode=sub&id=329"]

can anyone please advise on this.

cheers, great script btw rich
since the "latest" page is formatted differently than the rest of the pages, the current parser will not work for it. i will work on adding a new parser for "latest torrents" and make it so you can add it to the menu seperately.

i'll post here when it is available.
thanks again rich-hard, once that's done i can almost throw away my computer!
ok, a few updates to the scripts. biggest update today is the "latest torrents" parser now included in torrentbrowser.
tried the new version, can't seem to get past the connecting to torrents screen. of course, my xbox is set up correctly. anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
try downloading again, it may have been an issue with loading an empty list. it was apparently just locking up when trying to do that, now it will display a message.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few (fairly) new scripts0