Custom .nfos lead to re-adding all episodes in folder
I have a folder called MISC Documentaries with videos that can't be scraped. I created a custom .nfo file for the series and custom .nfo files for each video and XBMC adds it to the library.

But if I add a new video with .nfo file to this directory, XBMC re-adds all the episodes in the folder, giving me 2 copies of each video in the series under library mode.

Is this some kinda of bug or a mistake I'm making?
ihaterich Wrote:But if I add a new video with .nfo file to this directory, XBMC re-adds all
the episodes in the folder, giving me 2 copies of each video in the series under
library mode.

The last time this happened to me, XBMC's 'Clean Library' function seemed to
clear it up. I say "seemed" because I'm not absolutely certain that's what did it.
Thanks for the reply. Clean library doesn't remove the duplicates because both entries point to a valid file.
Star 
Looks like the second .nfo is a scrape of your material... so both are linked to the same video. Suggestion would be to move videos and selected .nfo to a safe folder outside the XBMC search path, do a clean library.... reinsert the video's with the edited .nfo and manually scrap for the local information, then take this folder out of your scraper path in set content.. 'exclude path from library updates'.

I might suggest if these documentaries are broadcast, they are most likely available http://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom .nfos lead to re-adding all episodes in folder0