What $INFO[ListItem.???] contains IDENT column value from Video database?
Topic title says all, maybe I'm blind but can't find it :confused2:
bambi73 Wrote:Topic title says all, maybe I'm blind but can't find it :confused2:

And what info is stored in that column?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:And what info is stored in that column?

Indeed but they are all pretty much listed here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels and not all the database labels are available some are for internal use only
pecinko Wrote:And what info is stored in that column?
IMHO it depends on scraper. I guess most of them doesn't use this element (<id>), but in AniDB.net scraper I'm using it for storing Anime Id on site. Now I want to pass it to (or read it from) Python script to avoid another lookup (which was already done by scraper) and access site API directly.

And call this value "for internal use only" is not right imho. When i'm able to change this value from scraper i would like to read it too Smile

I already checked sources and Info label for ID isn't there, is it possible to add it?
bambi73 Wrote:IMHO it depends on scraper. I guess most of them doesn't use this element (<id>), but in AniDB.net scraper I'm using it for storing Anime Id on site. Now I want to pass it to (or read it from) Python script to avoid another lookup (which was already done by scraper) and access site API directly.

And call this value "for internal use only" is not right imho. When i'm able to change this value from scraper i would like to read it too Smile

I already checked sources and Info label for ID isn't there, is it possible to add it?

I may be wrong, but it looks to me that this info is of a lesser use for skinning. You might have more success asking about this in Scraper/Python forums.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Maybe this info will not be used directly by skins so much, but it can be easily used by skin part (WindowXML) of scripts/plugins. Additionaly I think that ListItem is mostly skin related control, so I'm asking here.

First I thought that this info isn't filled by scrapers and my AniDB.net one is exception, but now I checked IMDB, TheMovieDB, TheTVDB scrapers and all fill this element as well. So it's not so rare.
You would get just raw ID that won't be useful without knowledge about source of metadata.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
pieh Wrote:You would get just raw ID that won't be useful without knowledge about source of metadata.
Unfortunately you are right, I got bit too ahead because usually I have one scraper/DB (per media type of course).
Anyway I found "interface" between Python addons and "current GUI state" bit lacking Confused
bambi73 Wrote:Unfortunately you are right, I got bit too ahead because usually I have one scraper/DB (per media type of course).
Anyway I found "interface" between Python addons and "current GUI state" bit lacking Confused

There might be another way or a way around it.

What exactly are you after and why&how would you like to present it in a skin?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:There might be another way or a way around it.

What exactly are you after and why&how would you like to present it in a skin?
Goal for my addon/script is to provide additional informations (plus another functionality like voting etc.) for AniDB.net animes in library, something like secondary DialogVideoInfo. For this I need that site id what was scraped into database, but unfortunately as Pieh said it means nothing without knowledge if that number came from my scraper.

Basicaly I have no problem with skin part, I have problem with Python part, particulary how to get current GUI state informations what I need. There are two possibilities, pass them as parameter (from skin) or read them in Python from Infolabels. In my case these are informations about TV Show/Episode what is presented in DialogVideoInfo (from where i want to call my addon). Unfortunately about direct key (something like ListItem.DBId) i can only dream on Smile. Of couse there is workaround, take ListItem.Title and select everything from database by tv show name, but it isn't something what i would call safe (even when chance that there will be 2 same names is quite slim).

Reason why I asked in this forum was that Infolabels are mostly skin related, even if they are usable from Python too.
I'm open for suggestions on how to make it better, but please - try to find solution that will have wider effect than only making Your idea possible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
It wouldn't be a bad idea to pass the movie and tvshow id to the skinning engine. That way we can have for example the tv next aired script altered so that it searches on the id of the show instead of the millions of visibilities we have to do now to determine if the show name matches the one the script passes.
Passing around a "random" id does not make any sense to me. There are others than the usual imdb and tvdb ids.. it's all about the selected scraper.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
My proposal in Python forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106623
vdrfan Wrote:Passing around a "random" id does not make any sense to me. There are others than the usual imdb and tvdb ids.. it's all about the selected scraper.
I think he means id of TVShow or Movie in DB, not that scraper related Id what i meant in first post

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What $INFO[ListItem.???] contains IDENT column value from Video database?0