2 part movie?
"Alexander Revisited - The Final cut"

This movie has two disks. Part 1 is on the first disk and part 2 is on the second disk. How do you combine these two parts so XBMC can read it as one movie?
It is called stacking. Take a look in the wiki and it should explain file naming conventions. For example. the two files named movie-cd1.mkv and movie-cd2.mkv can be stacked to play as one file.
stacking may work for you, or you could join the 2 files to make 1 continuous file

if the files are .avi I would recomend virtualdub, set video and audio to direct stream copy, open part one, then go to the file menu and append part 2
save an avi and your done.

if they are mkv files, take a look at mkvmerge gui similar process open part 1, append part 2 and save it.

any other containers I use a tool called formatfactory, it's free and will join most vide types.
What I usually do is say you have moviex.avi and moviex2.avi. By renaming them moviex.CD1.avi and moviex.CD2.avi. XBMC will correctly read them as one file aslong as they are in the same folder ofcourse. Obviously in your case you have to convert the discs to any format you please be it MP4, AVI, MKV, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 part movie?0