Optimal performance settings Windows 7 with Philips 27inch 1080p
First time poster so be gentle.

Also, I have researched and configured the system on my own and just want to make sure on a couple small details..

Current setup:

Windows 7 64bit
XBMC Dharma 10.1

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4gHz per core
8 gigs ram
Nvidia 8800 GT (built into motherboard connected HDMI to Philips 47 inch 1080p TV)

Current Config settings.

Already solved the overscan issues via TV settings.

Philips 1080p setup

This is where some of my questions come in. I have it set to HDMI mode versus PC mode. Reason is.. When I have it set to PC mode I still get the full 1920x1080 res from the PC @ 60 hz but it just does not look as good. It is just not a sharp. I mean it still looks good just not as good. When I set the HDMI1 interface to HDMI mode, picture looks much better. Is there a reason behind this or is it I just need to use the Nvidia control panel to make up the difference.

Also, and this is minor, I notice when I am watching a 1080p movie or 720p tv show, just every now and then, there will be a skip or a shutter. It is very quick, maybe 1 second, then it is gone. Notice this sometimes during a quick scene change. This may happen once or twice during a 1 hour tv show and a few times during a long movie. Again, not a tear or anything, just a quick jag then gone. It's not a major issue as it is very quick. I came from just using VLC media player in full screen on that TV and had several issues so I am still very pleased.

When in PC mode this does not usually happen but I just dont care for the quality loss.

In XBMC I do not sync the refresh rate to the display but I do use DXVA for the GPU offloading.

On my PC I have the resolution to 1980x1020(native) @ 60 hz

I am just curious if I am using the best configuration setup and maybe some suggestions to settings I may be overlooking.
I find exactly the opposite on my Toshiba TV. I connect through HDMI1 and the TV has a normal and game setting: the game setting gives you 1:1 pixel mapping like a normal PC display. The game setting is so sharp it's almost as good as my (very expensive) Dell LCD display. The normal setting is slightly softer, but then it isn't a 1:1 mapping so there is some pixel aliasing and you would expect it to be softer.

JR
I have a Toshiba 37" 1080p as a second monitor on the config mentioned above.

Same here. I set it to game mode and the overscan goes away and it is a very sharp image.

I solved the above issue btw.

Must be something in my Philips 47" 1080p. If I use the nVidia control panel and use the size adjustment sliders to compensate for the overscan versus telling the TV to "do not adjust", or put it in game mode, it works like a champ. Still have the great 1080p playback and smooth the entire time. Only a slight resolution change, at work so cant get the exact res, something like 1920x1080 become 1896x923 or to that effect.

Also I noticed that my Aeon Nox skin is now smooth as well. Weird but just one of those things I guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimal performance settings Windows 7 with Philips 27inch 1080p0