TMDB - Unable to connect to remote server [SOLUTION INSIDE]]
FishOil Wrote:XBMC Pre 11.0 Git Oct 16

I am able to connect to TMDB just fine with curl, have installed and reinstalled YouTube, TMDB addons all with no effect. Tried the solutions proposed and still get the error "Unable to connect to remote server" The Dharma machines have no issues.

If someone cares to look at the log I can post it.

I would start a new thread, and include a link to the debug log.

JR
Sorry to ask, but i also get that error on any (nightly or official 0.9) release on ATV2.
Is there a solution to fix this ? Or to bypass the pop-up-prompt message asking for decision on continuing scanning ?
In advance a big thanks for your help and time.
I apologize if the answer's already been given, but i could not find it.
Cheers
Hello,

Probably my first time posting but time to chime in. I've been having issues with the "Unable to connect..." and I narrowed it down to the TVDB. I have the youTube add on installed, even uninstalled and reinstalled. I changed the content from TVDB to TMDB and the scraping seemed to work fine. Scraping for music seems fine. But I am having a very hard time trying to locate something I can both understand and do in order get the scraping back.

It was a very handy tool that used to work no problem... don't know what happened...
FYI: Problem also occured with ATV2 with Eden Beta...
Also solved with installing Addon YouTube.

Thanks!!
just went with the unstable build, had a bit of a problem getting the youtube plugin to stay installed, but all seems to be working now.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
It worked for me too ! Unbelievable ! Thank you very much
For some weird reason the problem stopped after installing the Youtube add-on for me also.
yep. worked for me too!
Just switched to aeon nox skin and started having same problems. followed advice to install youtube addon and error went away. thanks.
... and just about everything else, including uninstalling and outright deleting addons, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC... to no avail.

And yet the only error I have in my log file is relateing to weather API:
Please don't post logs in the forum, and remember to turn debugging on (System settings, System, Debugging) before recording a log file. Upload logs to http://pastebin.com and poste the link here.

JR
I stumbled across a similar issue when doing an apt-get upgrade to my 12.0 frodo xbmcbuntu system.

Turned out name resolving was completely shot. I.e. "ping google.com" did not work but networking worked fine otherwise. This was similar to this report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1051348 and was resolved in the same way.

Problem:
/etc/resolv.conf is messed up or missing.

Solution, "fix" the symlink:
ln -nsf ../run/resolvconf/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

For more information visit the launchpad link above.
I had this problem a little while ago - Googled it, found this thread, reinstalled YouTube (which I'd removed because it no longer worked) and everything was fine.

But this evening I got it again, and no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling YouTube will solve it. It only seems to be affecting TMDB; I don't get the error message about not being able to connect if I select a different scraper, however those scrapers don't actually find anything! IMDB stopped working for me ages ago, hence moving to TMDB, and the last time this issue cropped up, I tried a bunch of different scrapers, some of which did and didn't work. But this time round, I can't get any scraping going on, and TMDB gives me the unable to connect message. I've tried uninstalling YouTube and reinstalling, uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling, uninstalling, switching scrapers, reinstalling and switching scrapers back; no dice.

I should add, everything was working fine, until I tried to play a couple of trailers from the movies in the Movie section (where you can see synopsis, cast, etc) I clicked a couple, it did it's working thing, then nothing happened. I clicked the trailer button on another, it did it's working thing, then gave me a notification in the bottom corner, for YouTube, about the script failing. Didn't think anything of it, as I know YouTube doesn't work for me, on this build at least (2.1.4), so I moved on. I went to refresh the data for a movie I noticed wasn't quite right, and that's when I got the connect error message. Then trying an update library, I kept getting it.

I'm on a Dhama build (as it's the one I prefer using) and this is on an AppleTV 1st Gen, made by ATVUSB Creator

Any idea's?
Being on Dharma is likely your issue. This error comes up whenever XBMC can't connect to scrapers either, and it's unlikely that your Dharma scrapers are working (at least well) with the current scraper sites.
They have been working totally fine (TTVDB and TMDB) until last night after trying to watch a trailer from the movie library. Other than that, the only other issue was the same "unable to connect" that was solved with installing YouTube, back in June

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB - Unable to connect to remote server [SOLUTION INSIDE]]0