Custom script to mark media "read" ?
hi

i would like to add a little functionality to my media collection (specifically videos). i have a lot of full tv series episodes, and its sometimes difficult to remember which episodes i have watched and which i havnt.

i would like a script, that can be mapped to a button press, so that i can rename files in my media collection and add _watched or s omething to them.

is this even possible to do? it would mean a script being able to detect the xbmc's currently selected context.
i believe this is not possible through python. you can only detect position on lists created as python objects. there could be some direct commands to xbmc that i haven't heard of, but i really don't think so.

ideally it should be coded into xbmc itself, but myself i don't really see that happening (i don't decide anything though of course) as it is a rather useless feature that would clutter the interface in my opinion. but who knows what will be added...
xbmcscripts.com administrator
This is also exactly what I'm looking for. It's quite simple. It's an automatic rename.

File->Context->watched

This renames the file and adds a _watched text to the end of the file name. It's already possible by using Rename, but it would have been nice to automate it.
Zodler Wrote:This is also exactly what I'm looking for. It's quite simple. It's an automatic rename.

File->Context->watched

This renames the file and adds a _watched text to the end of the file name. It's already possible by using Rename, but it would have been nice to automate it.

Why not just use the library? It tracks what you have and haven't watched and does this automatically.
That's not enough for me, I need the files physically renamed and changed on my drive. This way, I will always know what I have seen with any program/file explorer/zoomplayer/etc....

This is just a first step actually. The next step would be to create a dummy like file and delete the original file. This is excellent to know what TV show you have seen without keeping the original sized files.

You have

tvshow_episode01.avi
tvshow_episode02.avi
tvshow_episode03.avi

after watching episode 01 and 02 it becomes like this on your drive

tvshow_episode01.avi.seen
tvshow_episode02.avi.seen
tvshow_episode03.avi

the .seen files are not the original files, they are 0 sized dummy files with the originals been deleted.
Not something that will ever make it into core xbmc.

Nothing stopping you writing a addon for it though.
Since I am a complete noob, this is a plugin or a script?
Zodler Wrote:Since I am a complete noob, this is a plugin or a script?

Either, addon is an overarching term for plugins and scripts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom script to mark media "read" ?0