Videos lag on XBMC, but play fine in VLC
When I play videos on XBMC it stutters every couple of seconds. However, when I play the same videos on VLC there is no lag at all. On XBMC I tried playing with hardware acceleration adn without but it still lags. The movies I am trying to play on XBMC are .avi and 720/1080 .mkv files, which all play fine on VLC. Also, I'm using the latest XBMC 10.1
Intel, Nvidia or AMD GPU? and a debug log would also help....
Try toggling the true/fake fullscreen button in the video settings to see if that fixed anything.
can you launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. i preset most of everything.
the gpu is onboard ATI Radeon 3000

heres the debug
http://pastebin.com/UuriMs3P

toggling fake full screen didnt work and neither did the xbmc hd audio
harrychang Wrote:the gpu is onboard ATI Radeon 3000

heres the debug
http://pastebin.com/UuriMs3P

toggling fake full screen didnt work and neither did the xbmc hd audio
have you download the latest catalyst from here: Graphics Drivers & Software

i noticed most of the errors are related to audio. can you launch xbmc from the above post #4, and play your movie using it.
Can you test by disabling aero and see if this continues to give the same symptoms.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

bluray Wrote:have you download the latest catalyst from here: Graphics Drivers & Software

i noticed most of the errors are related to audio. can you launch xbmc from the above post #4, and play your movie using it.

have the latest drivers installed. and i launched XBMC using the file you posted and it still lagged. also tried with aero disabled but nothing
harrychang Wrote:have the latest drivers installed. and i launched XBMC using the file you posted and it still lagged. also tried with aero disabled but nothing
do you have log? maybe, you might try to lower your screen resolution.
Yeah I have EXACTLY the same problem -
file plays 100% perfect in VLC player, but lags in XBMC.
have you tried enabling DXVA?

System -> Video
I had a similar issue....not sure its the same as yours...but here it goes...

I was using xbmc find ... no issues... (I then decided to over clock my processor)

eMachines ER1402-05....

Stock speed was 1.7 Ghz, I over clocked it to 1.9Ghz+ (bus speed changed from 200 to 225-that's all)

The video stutter about every second (CPU usage was 30%)....

Set the processor speed back to stock, 100% okay - 1080p with hardware well acceleration only 35 to 40 % processor usage

I hope you find a solution to your problem

Rick
Only be using xbmc for a week but very impressed, thanks to all
rickwebtest Wrote:I had a similar issue....not sure its the same as yours...but here it goes...

I was using xbmc find ... no issues... (I then decided to over clock my processor)

eMachines ER1402-05....

Stock speed was 1.7 Ghz, I over clocked it to 1.9Ghz+ (bus speed changed from 200 to 225-that's all)

The video stutter about every second (CPU usage was 30%)....

Set the processor speed back to stock, 100% okay - 1080p with hardware well acceleration only 35 to 40 % processor usage

I hope you find a solution to your problem

Rick
Only be using xbmc for a week but very impressed, thanks to all
sometime it is best to leave it alone. if over clock cause issues, i would stop doing it.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks for all the help everyone, but none of the suggestions were working. i decided to reinstall windows and now everything works fine without any lagging video playback
isamu.dragon Wrote:have you tried enabling DXVA?

System -> Video

Tried that, With DXVA enabled - screen is black. when I try to play videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos lag on XBMC, but play fine in VLC0