Set Default Subtitle
I want Swedish subtitle as default on all my movies. The movies are downloaded BRRipConfused and not packed. Some of them has English subtitle included that is placed in same folder as the movie.
I have downloaded and named all my subtitles to Movie.Name.Swedish.srt because some of the movie releases has a English subtitle included (named Movie.Name.srt).

When I play a movie I always getting the English subtitle (if exists) as default. I have tried to set Swedish subtitle in Audio Settings during playback and set as default for all movies. But this does not working, after changing movie or restart XBMC I still get English as default.

I have tested to change my XBMC language to Swedish but that not helps. So can anyone help me?

Code:
Windows XP x64 SP2
AMD Athlon TK-57 Dual Core 1.9GHz
1.87GB RAM
ati radeon xpress 1150 Driver Version: 8.501
SigmaTelAudio Driver Version: 5.10
Sony Trinitron Color TV KV-28FX20E
you could try and edit the relevant movies .NFO file and ensure it has the below added / adjusted correctly

Code:
<movie>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <subtitle>
                <language>swe</language>
            </subtitle>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
</movie>
Presumably you would also need to add the following to your advancedsettings.xml file so it understands the reference to 'swe' as short form for 'swedish' which will be added to the end of your subtitle file.

Code:
<languagecodes>
    <code><short>swe</short><long>Swedish</long></code>
</languagecodes>
And then ensure your subtitle files following the naming convention below

Code:
[b]Video File:[/b] The Matrix.avi
[b]Subtitle 1:[/b] The Matrix.English.srt
[b]Subtitle 2:[/b] The Matrix.French.srt
[b]Subtitle 3:[/b] The Matrix.Swedish.srt
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

What nfo file? You can't mean the nfo file included with the downloaded movie.

Can't find advancedsettings.xml. I have searched in Application Data and application folder.

Subtitle files are named correctly, as your example.
nicke163 Wrote:What nfo file? You can't mean the nfo file included with the downloaded movie.

No I mean the .nfo file that XBMC can read. search for "Import Export" on the wiki pages for more information.

Quote:Can't find advancedsettings.xml. I have searched in Application Data and application folder.

Look in the userdata folder. not sure if the following will work or not on windows XP but try and copy paste the following into the run box (hold down <Win key>-<R>
Code:
"%appdata%\xbmc\userdata"
if the file doesn't exist there you may just need to create it manually. again you can locate the details you need for that from the wiki pages.

Quote:Subtitle files are named correctly, as your example.

Good.. you are off to a nice start.

Enjoy your Swedish subtitles
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Too much hassle! Xbmc should have 2 (more) options for subtitles:
-ignore embedded subtitles
-use the subtitles in user language (if xbmc is set to swedish, then the prefered subtitle should be swedish) (named as in the examples above)
sergiocos Wrote:Too much hassle! Xbmc should have 2 (more) options for subtitles:
-ignore embedded subtitles
-use the subtitles in user language (if xbmc is set to swedish, then the prefered subtitle should be swedish) (named as in the examples above)

You talk of embedded subtitles? do you mean the subtitles that are part of the video file? and play automatically regardless of what player you use?

If so then that is not XBMC's job, the problem there is with your media file itself.

XBMC is already capable of displaying subtitles in a specific language, you just have to configure it to do so. Once you configure XBMC correctly you are not going to have to keep adjusting that part of the system, just the insertion of a tag in a .nfo file for the preferred language, which is not difficult at all.

I can't put the code in a nfo file. There already exist a nfo file that comes with the download and has same name as movie file. If I make any change to these files will my torrent download be damaged and can't seed.
nicke163 Wrote:I can't put the code in a nfo file. There already exist a nfo file that comes with the download and has same name as movie file. If I make any change to these files will my torrent download be damaged and can't seed.

You could use the alternate all-in-one movie.nfo file to make the adjustments, read up about it. this way you are not having to alter anything affecting your torrent.

Weird, somehow it all works now.I have not needed import the movie.nfo. The only change I did was creating the file advancedsettings.xml.

If I get trouble again I will test create a nfo.file with the code and import. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Default Subtitle0