Audio problems
Question 
This might have been covered but trying some searches here ended up in all the wrong places. I'm not completely new to XBMC and surely not to HTPC builds.

Build:
ASRock H67M-ITX mobo w/ Realtek ALC892
Intel G620 CPU
Win7 Home Premium x64
XBMC Dharma 10.1
Vizio LCD panel
Pioneer Elite receiver (older with no HDMI)

Using all built in, no external gfx card or audio device. Only trying to play standard DVD iso rips.

I cannot figure out how to get anything other than 2 channel analog audio over HDMI. The Intel HD Audio device tells me I only have 2 channels. I have my Vizio LCD set to output Digital over toslink.

When I plug in the mobo's toslink connection directly to the receiver Win7 and XBMC skins play sounds but not video playback. I've disabled any audio device I'm not using, I've rebooted, re-synced, and remain lost.

Please any suggestions or pointers to relavent posts.

Thanks!
settings->System->Audio Output

Set to digital (HDMI, Coax or Optical)
set speaker configuration to the number of speakers in your setup
and use WASAPI
i'm assuming you are currently do these- htpc>lcd using hdmi cable and htpc>avr using optical. you need to do these- xbmc>setting>audio ouput>optical/coax and in control panel- go to hardware/sound>sound>select the proper playback device and configure it to 5.1 or 7.1 to match with your speakers.

for video settings, do these-
if you have ati card, you need to install the latest catalyst from here- Graphics Drivers & Software. in catalyst control center, go to video settings and video playback, you can set it to enforce smooth video playback. in xbmc playback settings, set it to allow hardware acceleration (dxva2) and sync playback to display.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problems0