Movies will not play back smoothly, constantly buffering/pausing
umtauscher Wrote:In my case, it was most of the time atv trying to deinterlace a dvd when the deinterlace setting was in automatic mode.
Just try to set deinterlace to off. ( this is a setting per file, I think)
Cheers
Umtauscher

I just gave that a try deinterlace was set to auto so i set it to disabled and it didn't seem to help at all. It still pauses to buffer ever 5-10 seconds Sad

What the heck else could be the problem?
i ended up re-jailbreaking my atv2 and starting from scratch with the latest nightly build a few days ago. it seemed to help with the stuttering playback but now i have a new problem. with most of my dvd rips, when i start playing them, the video is smooth but it makes this horrible sound like this loud, rapidly choppy obnoxious tone... hard to describe... ant ideas ho to fix that?
bdee1 Wrote:i ended up re-jailbreaking my atv2 and starting from scratch with the latest nightly build a few days ago. it seemed to help with the stuttering playback but now i have a new problem. with most of my dvd rips, when i start playing them, the video is smooth but it makes this horrible sound like this loud, rapidly choppy obnoxious tone... hard to describe... ant ideas ho to fix that?

trying playing with the audio settings:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...#Buffering
I switched the audio setting to 16 bit in the appletv, settings, audio and video menu. That got rid of the horrible sound but now the video is choppy again.
It's progress. Just gotta get the video to play smooth.

I would just convert my movies to a better format but with over 200 movies it would take forever.
bdee1 Wrote:I switched the audio setting to 16 bit in the appletv, settings, audio and video menu. That got rid of the horrible sound but now the video is choppy again.
It's progress. Just gotta get the video to play smooth.

I would just convert my movies to a better format but with over 200 movies it would take forever.

you did do this right ?:
Turn off thumbnails, XBMC > Settings > Video > File and deselect 'generate thumbnails'.
Configure Audio Output in XBMC > System > Settings > System to use Optical/Coax, even if you are using HDMI.
Jester Wrote:you did do this right ?:
Turn off thumbnails, XBMC > Settings > Video > File and deselect 'generate thumbnails'.
Configure Audio Output in XBMC > System > Settings > System to use Optical/Coax, even if you are using HDMI.

yes i definitely have done this too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies will not play back smoothly, constantly buffering/pausing0