Requesting XBMC To Pause Causes a Play/Pause Toggle
Hi

This is my first post on this forum so please be gentle with me :-)

I run XBMC on XP and I use a MCE based remote. I also have some home automation HomeSeer stuff that can send IR commands to XBMC, my DVD player etc. If someone pushes the doorbell my HomeSeer PC sends a pause command via IR to XBMC. This works ok if I'm watching a film and pauses XBMC. However if XBMC is already paused the second pause command from HomeSeer starts video playing again, which is not what I want. The same thing happens if a press pause manually or via the web interface. What I would like XBMC to do is always pause, or stay paused, if the pause command is sent to XBMC. This, incidentally, is how my DVD player behaves.

In my remote.xml file I have the entry: <pause>pause</pause> so I don't think I'm calling for a toggle between play and pause, it is just the way that XBMC operates. I've goggled this issue without success. Is there any way I can change XBMC to always pause when a pause command is sent? I guess I could check the status of XBMC first via the http interface before deciding to send a pause command but I'd sooner just have XBMC just pause anyway.

Thanks
The "Pause" action toggles the paused status. XBMC has no action that pauses if playing or does nothing if paused.

It wouldn't be that hard to modify the code to make Pause behave that way, but you'd have to compile your own build.

JR
I know its probably not what you want but couldn't you change it to stop instead of pause as xbmc has resume function
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Requesting XBMC To Pause Causes a Play/Pause Toggle0