Scrapers way off
Hello,

I've got all of my files set up like this

movies
--2012 (2009).mkv
--Adventureland (2009).mkv
--etc.

This used to scrape perfectly, back when I used an Acer revo 1600. I sold that and set it up on ATV2 and now I'm having to manually refresh about 1/3 of the movies. I spent hours last night just refreshing. For the most part, I found that anything with a #2 was getting that. cars (2006).mkv ended up as Cars 2. But this wasn't the only problem. Anything that was one word, like Big, ended up as Big Something, Bulletproof ended up as Bulletproof Monk, etc. Am I doing something incorrectly? The wiki shows naming conventions for TV (which is scraping perfectly fine for me) but not for movies (as far as I can find anyway).

If there's something different, is there an automated way for mac that I can do this? I've got too many movies to manually put them into folders, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Oh, I've tried the default scraper, and I've also rescraped with imdb. Both took around 7 hours.
Are you using the latest nightly builds?
Ned Scott Wrote:Are you using the latest nightly builds?

No, because the FAQ says not to if you're not comfortable with the command line. Although I'm happy to type in the command line, I'm not comfortable enough to issue my own commands. Is it simple enough that it's just copying what I see in the instructions, or is any improv necessary?

I installed it with NitoTV.
it's very easy and should fix your issue.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...htly_build
dooceswild Wrote:No, because the FAQ says not to if you're not comfortable with the command line. Although I'm happy to type in the command line, I'm not comfortable enough to issue my own commands. Is it simple enough that it's just copying what I see in the instructions, or is any improv necessary?

I think this is a good example of why that wording in the FAQ should be changed to something like "don't use the nightly builds if you don't know how to type commands into a command-line utility, such as Terminal on a Mac or the CMD window on a Windows PC." The current wording is a bit vague, and could be interpreted as making it sound like you need to come up with your own commands.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
For movies you can use ember media manager redux to generate the NFO file (also does file renaming, thumb and fanart downloading, etc). At which point XBMC will match to whatever was generated in the nfo file so it doesn't need to do separate scrapper lookups...
To answer the three posts: I'll install the nightly when I get home and see if this helps.

I agree the wording needs to be changed. In no way am I a novice, but I didn't want to mess anything up.

And I can't use Ember. It's a windows platform. I need something for Mac. I tried installing it on my Parallels VM last night and I got errors while installing. I'll try some more. Anyone have any Mac equivalents?
Now that I have the latest nightly build, everything is blue that should be red, and my menu button no longer works
I installed yesterday's build and now it all works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapers way off0