[MAC] Transfer of userdata from ATV2 muddled (more details inside)
I am using 20110908-952c12 for both of my macs, and Idk the revision on the 2 atvs (both 2nd gen).

I have transfered the userdata (all successfully set up) on one of my 2 atvs (both running the same nightly, can't remember revision) to my MacBook Pro and my iMac, both macs running the same nightly.

On my MacBook Pro, everything works perfectly, videos, mouse, thumbnails, EVERYTHING. But in the file tabs, it doesn't list the shares, there are supposed to be 4 of them, but it loads the video files just fine from the "TV shows" and "Movies" tab under videos.

However, on my iMac, even though the userdata is EXACTLY the same as the MacBook Pro, the iMac's XBMC installation appears to IGNORE the userdata and REFUSES to acknowledge the database. It is a complete VIRGIN installation, aside from recognizing the sources.

I am willing to work to fix these problems, but I need to know where to start.
xbmc.log is a good place to start.
remember that any local paths will not work on other computers. All your file sources have to be set up as if they are on a network, even if it is on that local computer.
Well, as it turns out, it was just a error in the database regarding which hosts can access it. I let my iMac's IP address through and everything worked right away!

This problem is now [solved], can someone please edit the title to say this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Transfer of userdata from ATV2 muddled (more details inside)0