Sending character to XBMC´s Virtual keyboard
I am implementing an EventClient for a XBMC remote that contains a physical keyboard. For the mapping from the new remote to XBMC I am using the keyboard.xml, adding new features to this keymap.

Everything goes just fine with the mapping until the Virtual Keyboard pops up. At this point, whenever I press any letter or number the keyboard does not react to character or number presses, only to arrow or enter presses, as I´ve activated it in the Settings window. Since I am implementing a remote with a physical keyboard, it is pretty important to make this work, as otherwise the physical keyboard is not very handy.

I´ve seen already this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=key_vkey

But I haven´t understood whether this issue has been solved in the Dharma release or not, which is the XBMC version I am running on my Linux computer. As in this mentioned case, the action 61440 ( or F000) is always decoded when coming from my remote due to the most significant byte F0 ( KEY_VKEY), while I should be sending it with most significant byte being F1 ( KEY_ASCII). I haven´t been able to see any action that can be sent from my remote that would produce the desired effect.

Therefore I would like to know whether any of you can tell my if this has been solved, or it is still an issue within the XBMC code.

Thanks in advance
I've hit the same problem.

The Android XBMC remote app uses the HTTP API to send text, which might indicate they also couldn't find a way to do it with EventClient.
OK, not totally sure what I am doing here but seem to be able to type keys with e.g.

client.sendAction("Control.Message(65, click)");

To type 'a' (or its replacement with a modifier button clicked). This is using the Java API.
Same problems with my xbmc-terminal-keyboard. It just doesn't come through. I've done full debug logs, full gdb debugs, it just 'loses' it.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sending character to XBMC´s Virtual keyboard0