Is it possible to stream XBMC thru WMC?
Ive done a few searches for this and couldent find anything about it, im wondering if its possible to stream movies and tv epps via XBMC to WMC?

If there is a how to can someone please link me to it as i couldent find it at all...

Thanks
Can you explain your set up a little.

You want to stream from xbmc to WMC.

Do you mean your want to access your media library via xbmc and WMC on two seperate computers ?

If so, is the computer running xmbc also a windows machine ?

Is your media stored on the xbmc computer ?
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

toineb Wrote:Can you explain your set up a little.

You want to stream from xbmc to WMC.

[quote=toineb]Do you mean your want to access your media library via xbmc and WMC on two seperate computers ?

Yes if its possible

toineb Wrote:If so, is the computer running XBMC also a windows machine ?

Yes it is its running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

toineb Wrote:Is your media stored on the xbmc computer ?

It is via USB external drives
You can use the same movie collection but WMC won't access the XBMC library directly for movie info and artwork. And "last I knew" even if you exported your library, WMC\MediaBrowser would still require separate info files (xml not nfo) and stored the coverart/fanart differently.

There are third party tools that will scrape movie info\artwork and store it in both formats to support both XBMC and WMC\MediaBrowser from the same movie collection. Just know that you will be duplicating info\artwork files. Not a big deal compared to the size of the movie files themselves.

It may get a little more problematic when you add in trailers and separate subtitle files. I'm not sure on WMC\MediaBrowser's current support for those. It's been a few versions since I did exactly what you're wanting to do.

Just want to add there may be other limitations in WMC\MediaBrowser as well, it may handle multipart movies differently, probably doesn't play rar'd movies and on and on. There is a lot of capability built into XBMC that just isn't there in WMC. Don't think of it as streaming on through the other. You're really just trying to use the same movie collection with both. Which you can do, you just have to make sure the movie collection (naming conventions, info\artwork etc...) is setup to support both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to stream XBMC thru WMC?0