• 2(current)
Finally a worthy AMD mini-ITX CPU??
Balinus Wrote:I'm happy to have no money until october 13th. I'll just swap the Asrock E350 for the A4-3400

sounds like a plan, but u might need to use WIndows in the mean time,,,
Balinus Wrote:It will indeed generate more heat (100W vs 65W TDP). If you go ITX, you don't have a lot of space, which means faster heat accumulation, hence the need for a good airflow. A lot of ITX case comes with 120W Power supply, so you'll have to keep that in mind when you chose your case.
howHuh
Product Specs
Tent Wrote:howHuh
Product Specs

I guess I took numbers from the A8-3850 CPU. Thanks for correcting me!

Concerning heat, I guess they will be similar. For the same task, the dual-core (A4-3400) moght be more hot, as they will run at higher clock speed to do the task at hand. However, in a HTPC scenario with HW acceleration, they shouldn't run so high in terms of used CPU cycles.
Now @ $70 shipped...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103955
Even if the cpu is faster, the TDP of the A4-3400 sounds still too much for an energy-saving HTPC.
At the time of writing, the 2100T or the E350 sounds like an unbeatable alternative in terms of power-consumption.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
maybe power-consumption wise, but not price wise...
I was waiting for the Amd e-450 ITX board to hit the streets , but for the price
i think i will go with the A4 (69.99$ canadian) And the AsRock (94.99$) mentioned above
I ve already purchased the case (APEX MI-008). its sitting in my room just waiting to be used . I think This APU can handle anything HTPC wise, that the Brazo apu can't , like netflix hd. But i havn't any real user review yet . So m afraid to pull the trigger. Any more info on the A4 out yet ?
not really :/
We're waiting on you Djangostar! ;-) Where did you find it at 69.99$ CAD?

Where in Montreal do you live? I'm in Rosemont/Petite-Patrie.
wow thats cooL, im not the only MOntreal'er Tongue
We own this board. Wink
Ville St Laurent in da house! Big Grin

69.99$ is online http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sk...acture=AMD
free shipping. check it out .
Montreal-North baby!! BAM!!

$70 free shipp --> DEAL!!

do they always offer free shipp or what?

O.O
Seems like it , over 50$= free ground shipping . I've purchased from them before, but it took a week to get here .Stare
well, saving on shipping is a must for us here in canada...

USA are so lucky overALL,,,

prices are wayy cheaper,,,
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finally a worthy AMD mini-ITX CPU??0