iso video quality issues
Hello all,
I am new to XBMC, and I have been slowly playing around with it so I know how to use it when I finally do get my HTPC built. Currently I don't have an HDTV, and I just view the movies on my regular LCD computer monitor.
Since my HTPC isn't built yet, I have just been experimenting on my current home computer.....it's older, at only 1.5 gigs single core, and I currently only use the built in graphics on the motherboard.
I went to turn one of the Pixar movies I own into an .ISO, and frankly I was shocked at the extremely poor quality when I went to view it in XBMC. This didn't make any sense to me, because aren't ISOs supposed to be just an exact image of the source content? So then I experimented seeing how the movie looked just playing straight from the DVD.......still looked horrible in my opinion. The movie looked soft focused, and pixalated. However, I am confused by this because other movies (non-computer animated) I have turned into ISOs, usually look pretty good on my monitor.
My question becomes, since there shouldn't have been any compression involved since it was an ISO, are my video quality issues having to do with using the on-board graphics, and the type of monitor I am using? Do computer animated movies like Pixar movies tend to view worse on these kind of setups? Would I notice a big difference if I had a dedicated graphics card to upscale video, and a better HD type computer monitor? Thanks.
dvd=iso because there is no different in it. if the pq is poor, you're htpc is problem not configured correctly or the hardware is not up to par.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iso video quality issues0