XMBC live benefits
Hi
what are the benefits to having xmbc live installed on a htpc rather than installing xmbc onto windows?
i presume the boot up time to be faster but are there other benefits?
thanks
Boots up quicker

Zero problems with changing screen resolutions from standby/sleep/multiple screens/turning the screen on too late. You set it to 1080p 24hz and it'll be that always Smile

Sure it's a bit of a pain to configure certain parts compared to being familiar with windows but this forum has all the answers/support!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

thanks for the fast reply jammyb, so xmbc live is the better road to go down?
i know my way around a pc but the missus and the kids will be using the htpc so will have to be user friendly which the xmbc would seem to be.
Well it's switch on and then use remote to navigate to videos job done!

No switching on and loading windows then loading XBMC.

Keep It simple!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

cool thanks
does xmbc live have a web browser?
bricktop Wrote:does XBMC live have a web browser?

I would like to know this too.

also

1) can i install xmbc live on SSD? and is thier any benefit in doing so? does it support trim?
2) does it have a web browser as mentioned by OP?
3) can i install additional drivers if thier missing i.e. bluetooth, wireless etc?
4) can i use remote control devices like imon?

or am i better of installing ubuntu with xmbc if i would like the above?

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
anyone please?
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Yes to all the above.
getsome Wrote:Yes to all the above.

Thanks - yes to which bit using cmbx live or using ubuntu xmbc.

a5ian300zx
Benefits? Hmm ... lt me think about .... it all depends on YOU and how you like to use ur computer(s).

For me, the biggest benefit of using xbmc-live instead of an MS-OS is, that i DONT have to install an MS-OS Big Grin
Ubuntu on the Netbook, XBMC-Live on the HTPC, Freetz on my Router and FreeNAS on my Storage-Device.

Im using my htpc only for music, videos and some emu-games. If i want to browse the web, i can use the netbook.

But if u have some plans to play some Windows-Games on ur HTPC, then for sure u should install Windows Big Grin Otherwise there is NO NEED to install a MS-OS!
how about icefilms, internet video(using plugins) and the sort. Ive always used windows and would like to slim down a bit but would need this functionality
thanks
boognish43 Wrote:how about icefilms, internet video(using plugins) and the sort. Ive always used windows and would like to slim down a bit but would need this functionality
thanks

You can download the XBMClive burn it on cd or usb and try it live without even installing anything on pc to see how it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC live benefits0