[Ipad 2] Crashes everytime I stream 720p content from my windows smb share
Hey Everyone,

I have a 720p backup of the Social Network on my windows 7 computer which is running XBMC and I have a Ipad 2 running XBMC sept 13th nightly build. I'm sharing the PC's movies with my Ipad 2 using the SMB share.

My Ipad 2 plays the content, but once it gets a couple of seconds in my Ipad 2 with XBMC it crashes. I'm using the sept 13th build. Here are my logs. I thought Ipad 2 could handle 720p even if it's being sent by Windows PC which stores the files.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28587395/xbmc%20720.log
The ATV2 wont play HD content unless is is H264 encoded.
ipad2 though might have enough power for software decoding 720p because of the dual core ... don't know ... nevertheless it shouldn't crash but stutter ... i need the crashlog and syslog please ... first link in my signature for how to retreive the files...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
says MPEG-4 part 2 for video. That also might be playable by hardware? At least I recall it being playable by the native iOS video player.
Memphiz Wrote:ipad2 though might have enough power for software decoding 720p because of the dual core ... don't know ... nevertheless it shouldn't crash but stutter ... i need the crashlog and syslog please ... first link in my signature for how to retreive the files...

The logs in my first post are the logs for my iPad 2

Update. Oh..never mind. I see they are not the same as the ones you need. I will post them today for you. Thanks
Ned Scott Wrote:says MPEG-4 part 2 for video. That also might be playable by hardware? At least I recall it being playable by the native iOS video player.

MPEG-4 part 2 is the standard divx and xvid implement isn't it? In which case no hardware decoding
Okay here is my log from CrashReporter. I had tons of them in there so wasn't sure which one so I just went with the one from the date of the crash. I tried to get the system logs, but when I when to the folder their isn't any.

My xbmc log is in my first post.

I'm running the Sept 13th Build and I'm using the touched skin.

Crash Reporter
http://pastebin.com/fvXiH0N0

Crash Reporter 2: In case the first one wasn't the correct one. This one had the titled Latest Crash:
http://pastebin.com/ChFyU1Kq
exiledone1 Wrote:Okay here is my log from CrashReporter. I had tons of them in there so wasn't sure which one so I just went with the one from the date of the crash. I tried to get the system logs, but when I when to the folder their isn't any.

My xbmc log is in my first post.

I'm running the Sept 13th Build and I'm using the touched skin.

Crash Reporter
http://pastebin.com/fvXiH0N0

Crash Reporter 2: In case the first one wasn't the correct one. This one had the titled Latest Crash:
http://pastebin.com/ChFyU1Kq

1st one (I've never see this one):

XBMC[633] was suspended with locked system files:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos54.db

2nd one:

crash in avcodec;
davilla Wrote:1st one (I've never see this one):

XBMC[633] was suspended with locked system files:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos54.db

2nd one:

crash in avcodec;

Here is the first log from the first post. My XbMC log
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28587395/xbmc%20720.log
so mpeg4 part 2 is not hardware accelerated - which might be a problem with hd content even on ipad2. For the crash it seems the video is broken. Do you have another ios device (e.x. atv2) for testing the movie?

Davilla could the crash be a multithreading thing? there are 3 threads inside avcodec...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
The video plays fine on the computer, but skips and lags on the atv2. I made another post in this forum for that.
exiledone1 Wrote:The video plays fine on the computer, but skips and lags on the atv2. I made another post in this forum for that.

But it doesn't crash on atv2 but on ipad2? Is this correct?
Okay,

Correct. It crashes on my Ipad 2, but doesn't on ATV 2. Here's the complete deal with a link to the ATV 2 thread dealing with this problem I started.

Here is the deal. When I played the HD 720p movie from Icefilms for The Social Network it plays amazing on my PC which is running XBMC. (downloaded) I then tried to play the same file on Ipad 2 with XBMC and it crashes it. I'm playing it through an SMB share as I don't store movies on my Ipad 2.

I have all the folders on My PC (server) and then I use my Ipad 2 and my ATV 2 to connect to my media on my PC using the SMB share feature.

Now when I stream 720p content from Icefilms using my ATV 2 it will play without all the stuttering, skipping and lagging, but it will just buffer a lot to the point where it's not watchable. I do have a advancedsettings.xml file with unlimited buffering setting.

Now if I just access the Social Network movie on my ATV 2 through my PC using the SMB share it will stutter, lag and skip, but it does not crash.

Here is the link to my other thread which is for my ATV 2 version of this problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111005

I will be recreated all these problems tonight with fresh logs and will be posting everything tonight. Also, when my Ipad 2 crashes again, if it does what is the name of the exact file I'm looking for from the Crash Reporter log. I have a lot of different files in there. I'm guessing just use the one that says Latest?
exiledone1 Wrote:Okay,

Now if I just access the Social Network movie on my ATV 2 through my PC using the SMB share it will stutter, lag and skip, but it does not crash.

If its the same file as your other post then its not h264 so no hardware acceleration on atv2, hence stuttering
Now I also downloaded handbrake and I was a little confused.

In the preset menu do I need to choose apple tv 2 since that is what I'll be playing it on correct?

Then I just need to change it from mp4 to mkv and start the process right? Any other changes to the settings I should make to turn my HD 720p movie into one that will play on the ATV 2?

Pretty new to converter software and stuff so just not sure about the correct settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Ipad 2] Crashes everytime I stream 720p content from my windows smb share0