Movies in folders. can I play without having to click into the directory?
So I have all of my movie files in their own folder for organizational purposes. Is there a way to have XBMC just play the singular file that lives inside that folder rather than having to enter the folder than select the file?
You seem to be viewing in 'file' mode. Move mouse to the left, or left arrow with remote, while in movies or TV Series and choose library.
steelman1991 Wrote:You seem to be viewing in 'file' mode. Move mouse to the left, or left arrow with remote, while in movies or TV Series and choose library.

I knew it had to be some stupid easy thing. Its always something simple thats hard to find an answer to. Googleing with common words is a bitch.

I say this before testing. I will test and get back to you.
Library mode makes me see doubles of everything. One of them shows box art/fan art/info/etc, the other one doesnt do anything. I assume its the folder. So for now it is back in file mode. Is there something I am missing?

Also, and I assume I am correct in a not connected question. I have my tv organized in subfolders. like A-E. If i put an jpeg in there and name if folder.jpeg, will it show that image when browsing. same with fanart.jpg, poster.jpg?
Sounds like you need to carry out some file renaming or folder restructuring - what is your folder file structure and contents ie

Movies\Movie Name\File Name (and other content ie artwork etc)

A debug log would also be good while carrying out a scan of your folders - make sure you turn on debug logging from System\System in the gui.

Also have a look in the Wiki regarding naming conventions etc
Right now the way it work is like this.

d:\media\movies\ghostbusters\ghostbusters.avi;fanart;box;nfo;etc.
So just like you said.

xbmc looks at the "movies" folder so anything above that it doesn't see.

What will running a debug do? Possibly a library cache got messed up or something?
humanman42 Wrote:So I have all of my movie files in their own folder for organizational purposes. Is there a way to have XBMC just play the singular file that lives inside that folder rather than having to enter the folder than select the file?

Just arrow down to highlight the folder and press play. That will play all the films in the folder so if there is only one film in the folder it will play that one film.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Just arrow down to highlight the folder and press play. That will play all the films in the folder so if there is only one film in the folder it will play that one film.

Thats only part of the problem. The other is that I would like the box art and fan art to be displayed. If I highlight a folder it shows nothing.

Is there any good reason other that organization to keep all the movies in there own folder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies in folders. can I play without having to click into the directory?0