New device configured - Generic HID device
You wrote it, while I was writing my text :-). I read yours, after posting mine. Shit happens. I tried to change these 2 lines you mentioned, but I didnt find a file called "peripherals.cpp". Where can I find it?
you could wait for the next dailly.
or just pull xbmc/xbmc and rebuild. the patch has already been included there
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Just a question: since the XNBMC wiki is little bit outdated and i can't find any information on this.
What is this feature?
Can it replace eventghost, so my MCE (emulated by Harmony) can be used directly with XBMC?

and MOST imporant:

EVERYTIME I head back to the HOME Menu (where you can chose between tv-shows, etc., using original confluence by the way) or start a movie, guess what: new HID device configured! And it comes back again every time and now! [using newest build from today 43f00d2, having freshly installed system with win7pro Sp1 64bit, has been the same on my win7sp1 32bit]!

Log says: unregister und register phrases of peripheralbus devices. again!
What's going on?
i've just tested the latest git (702f5fb). This issue is fixed Smile
PKOneTwo Wrote:Just a question: since the XNBMC wiki is little bit outdated and i can't find any information on this.
What is this feature?
Can it replace eventghost, so my MCE (emulated by Harmony) can be used directly with XBMC?

and MOST imporant:

EVERYTIME I head back to the HOME Menu (where you can chose between tv-shows, etc., using original confluence by the way) or start a movie, guess what: new HID device configured! And it comes back again every time and now! [using newest build from today 43f00d2, having freshly installed system with win7pro Sp1 64bit, has been the same on my win7sp1 32bit]!

Log says: unregister und register phrases of peripheralbus devices. again!
What's going on?

Maybe they fixed it with a26206c093, but i can't test it right now (tomorrow comes next build).
But I hope so!
PKOneTwo Wrote:Just a question: since the XNBMC wiki is little bit outdated and i can't find any information on this.
What is this feature?

<...snip>

While this is off-topic from the thread (and thanks, Devs, for fixing the error), I do want to make a comment:

PK,

I use a Harmony One and a Harmony 900 in my distributed XBMC solution.

In doing so, I have never had to use EventGhost.

My Harmony One is set up as an MS MCE keyboard, and there are a certain number of keys that need to be mapped in the Harmony remote setup application... however, I use no EventGhost ap, nor has there been a need to use it for the many years that I have used these remotes.

You may wish to review your use of this application, unless you have some specific customization that EventGhost provides you.
zebraitis Wrote:While this is off-topic from the thread (and thanks, Devs, for fixing the error), I do want to make a comment:

PK,

I use a Harmony One and a Harmony 900 in my distributed XBMC solution.

In doing so, I have never had to use EventGhost.

My Harmony One is set up as an MS MCE keyboard, and there are a certain number of keys that need to be mapped in the Harmony remote setup application... however, I use no EventGhost ap, nor has there been a need to use it for the many years that I have used these remotes.

You may wish to review your use of this application, unless you have some specific customization that EventGhost provides you.

Sorry for this offtopic:
Part I:
I don't like to use it.
BUT i use win7 which has windows media center installed!
If i set my harmony to be a MCE remote, I have to use a reg hack (some registry values to be changed), so next time i press a button it won't start windows media center and i can use it with XBMC!
After that I have to changed the keymap.xml (i think) or configure the buttons on the remote. Both works.
But CAN you control XBMC with your remote when XBMC is being out of focus (when someion is browsing on the second screen or so)?

If you do please let me know.

Part II:
Still: he above mentined is a method i know since xbmc 10 or before.
This doesn't explain what this NEW generic HID service is? What is it good for?
That's what I hoped someone could let me know!
zebraitis Wrote:... (and thanks, Devs, for fixing the error), [/i] ...

Oh <explicative deleted> ... I spoke too soon.

Just ran the Oct 2nd nightly. This did not resolve the issue.

The message did not pop-up immediately, but now it's there and it stays there after it appears.

OK... maybe the "next daily build" will be the Oct 3rd build.

Oo

You guys have me trained to expect immediate and outstanding results. I will need to practice patience today.

Seriously... you guys are great!

Nod
PKOneTwo Wrote:Sorry for this offtopic:
Part I:
I don't like to use it.
BUT i use win7 which has windows media center installed!
If i set my harmony to be a MCE remote, I have to use a reg hack (some registry values to be changed), so next time i press a button it won't start windows media center and i can use it with XBMC!
After that I have to changed the keymap.xml (i think) or configure the buttons on the remote. Both works.
But CAN you control XBMC with your remote when XBMC is being out of focus (when someion is browsing on the second screen or so)?

<...SNIP>

So... I'm Win7 64-bit Ult. I have no Win Media Center. Just don't see the value in it.

And... My XBMC is dedicated to Media, displaying in a 65" screen, so minimizing and running in the background while doing "something else" does not apply to me.

My appologies for making some assumptions that does not apply in your installation.

v.
zebraitis Wrote:So... I'm Win7 64-bit Ult. I have no Win Media Center. Just don't see the value in it.

And... My XBMC is dedicated to Media, displaying in a 65" screen, so minimizing and running in the background while doing "something else" does not apply to me.

My appologies for making some assumptions that does not apply in your installation.

v.

No problem @ all. I thought there maybe a new way.
Hopefully to get rid off eventghost. But obviously not (at least that I know of). I don't use media center. Is has no usw for me at all. But it is included in my win7 pro!

@ all: Can someone explain to me what this perpheral thing is all about and what it is good for?
PKOneTwo Wrote:Is has no use for me at all. But it is included in my win7 pro!

Thought... Could you remove Win Media Center using Control Panel / Program Manager / Turn Windows Features on or off ?

This goes into greater detail:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15530/uni...ia-center/

THEN scrap eventghost.
zebraitis Wrote:Thought... Could you remove Win Media Center using Control Panel / Program Manager / Turn Windows Features on or off ?

This goes into greater detail:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15530/uni...ia-center/

THEN scrap eventghost.

I have to use eventghost. Because of XBMC being out of focus.
And When i uistall WMC, will i be able to play DVDs with WMPlayer (which I do some time)?
PKOneTwo Wrote:... When i uistall WMC, will i be able to play DVDs with WMPlayer (which I do some time)?

Yes, you will. WMPlayer is not dependent on WMC.
Besides the annoying hid message, the keyboard.xml key mapping for my remote is also ignored since the last builds including the 20111002 build Sad
Hey! Back to the topic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New device configured - Generic HID device0