Crash at Specific Scene.. error 8876086C
XBMC keeps crashing at a very specific scene in a movie.. I check my log it says

23:07:38 T:4692 M:4294967295 ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
23:07:38 T:4692 M:4294967295 ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)

Over and over and over.. It will either freeze XBMC or just freeze the video.. so far I've only noticed it on one movie. Any ideas? The Video works perfectly while being played with VLC.
That sounds like a bug in the ffmpeg code. There's not a lot we can do about this as we rely on the ffmpeg project to maintain the code.

XBMC uses a relatively old version of ffmpeg. There are some mutterings about updating to a recent version but that's a lot of work and won't be done any day soon. For now the only option is to resample the video using Handbrake or something similar. That should hopefully remove whatever is causing XBMC to crash.

JR
That's the video driver having a hard time. Please upload a debug log on pastebin.com and post the link here. I'll bet you have an Intel chipset/GPU...
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Oh thanks for the info JR I'll try doing that with handbrake and see if it helps, and yes Crystal i do have an Intel chipset/GPU but as it only happens with this one movie.. and only at a very specific point I'd kind of have a hard time thinking it was my GPU.. if i skip the scene jumping a chapter ahead it will continue to play the movie.. happens like 50 minutes in, I'll post a debug log in a bit tho thx
For whatever reason it's not giving me the same error now.. the video is just stopped but XBMC continues to run. Here's the debug log anyways tho http://pastebin.com/gYGe1L5E
I'm re-encoding it right now to see if that will fix it.. The Video plays fine in VLC tho which is why i don't think its my chipset/GPU.. your help is very much appreciated!
You're not using an Intel GPU, but nVidia here, which is usually more robust.
Maybe you don't see that error anymore because you changed the subtitles or dxva settings?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Didn't change either of those and yeah I'm using an nVidia GPU, my machines really made for gaming so it is definitely adequate. I re-encoded the movie but to no avail.. it still freezes at the exact same scene.. very frustrating.. just a shot in the dark.. could it be a problem with my disc I backed up to my computer?
scratch that.. if it works in VLC it wouldn't be a problem with the disc.. any more suggestions would be awesome
Guess I'm just a fool.. I forgot I turned off those things .. -_- I'll see if the same errors show up tomorrow.. sry
This is the debug log I'm getting now with dxva enabled. http://pastebin.com/nVptvnEj
Different errors.. but errors..
That's quite the file you have here. The hardware decoder doesn't like it, which could be an ffmpeg bug. Then the audio format changes mid-stream and crashes. Which is quite uncommon and weird and I'm leaning towards "broken file".

What happens with that file on a recent VLC, with hardware acceleration explicitely turned on?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash at Specific Scene.. error 8876086C0