Scraping like boxee?
Hey guys right now im a boxee user but i want to stop using it because its so unstable and crashes alot on me. Only reason im still with it is because it takes my movie folder and basically renames all my numbers to the proper name(Ex if my file name is "American.Pie.2.2001.720p.HDTV.x264-sUN.300MBUNiTED.com" it will rename it too "American Pie 2") Then it shows the dvd cover and a description. i cant seem to get XBMC to do that. Anyone know how to do that? I mean yes some of my videos do have the dvd cover but it doesnt name them right and i want it to look clean.

Thanks in advance.
XBMC will not rename the files for you. Its best to name the folder with the movie name and then the year it was released. i.e. Thor (2011). Then the movie file goes inside there with all of the .nfo data. The actual movie file doesn't need to include the year, just make sure the folder that has the file contains the year in the name.

There are media management programs like Ember Media Manager that can help with this process. Believe me, you will save yourself a lot of heartache if you do this.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
well i didnt mean physically change the file name i meant just in the program it renames it.
Sounds like you are not viewing it in library mode and are using file mode instead. To use library mode you need to scrape your collection. When you set the source you have to tell XBMC what the source is and what scraper to use then you need to scrape it. Use the context menu when in file mode to start the scrape (called something like scan to library).

htpc guy's suggestion on how to name things is probably the most reliable way to get a good scrape correctly matching what is in your collection.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping like boxee?0