Keyboard Shortcut ? for Video Post Processing.
Since the option, "Enabled Video Post Processing for SD content " is no longer valid, it is now (always disabled) or (always enabled) for all types of contents, SD or HD,

I want to know if there is a way, to activate this post processing through a keymap ?, would be easier than access the video menu every time for turned Off or On this option.

Thanks !.
Any updates on this? It would be really helpful for me being able to turn it on and off with a keyboard shortcut.
This function is available for some graphic engines and is mostly dependant on the functionality of the driver and the implimentation in a skin. e.g. in my graphic set-up; post processing brightness and contrast are enabled on Kodi 16.1 Jarvis and functioning, but move ahead and this is lost. I suspect there are some hardware set-ups this all works, or the intention of the functionality is to be enabled again. The enabling or disabling would be possible through the skin, and should the skin offer keybaord shortcuts, then it might be possible and would be the subject of interest for the particalar skinner. What kind of post processing are you looking for?
First of all, thank you very much for your answer.

I use Aeon Nox, I'm going to check if there's a way there as you pointed out it might.

I have an issue with the audio and that's why I use post-processing. Let me explain that.
I bought an expensive Onkyo AV receiver. To my surprise, the bluetooth works much worse than the 15$ one I had attached to my old Hi-Fi.
The delay is 1.5 seconds, and my Kodi doesn't work as fine when applying that delay, like if it was too much load to bear for the computer.

Whenever I start a video with that 1.5s delay on, the screen goes blank. I found that when toggling the post-processing setting (to Off if it's On, to On if it's Off) the video shows up (it also works when the screen goes blank after going forward or backwards).
This is the product of trial and error, it's annoying having to do this, but I'm thankful I found a way.

That's the story, and that's why I thought of having a shortcut for it, so the annoyance would be less of annoying.
If you have the option "Adjust display refresh rate" enabled, try adding delay it might help with the blank screen.
In Settings-->System-->Display-->"Delay after change of refresh rate"

Start with 1.0 seconds and go up or down depending on your results I got away with 0.5 seconds.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me.

I tried that solution but unfortunately the outcome was still a blank screen.

I still have to toggle the post-processing setting, and sadly I haven't even found a way to make a keyboard shortcut.

So annoying.

Thank you very much, vitorp07!
@drmaligno
Sorry to hear it didn't work, I'm trying to create a small python script addon for you that would toggle the setting of Post-processing false/true
but I can't seem to make it work via JSON-RPC,  the command below didn't do anything in my testing;

xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"video.postprocess", "value":false}, "id":1}')

I also tried various combination (VideoSettings, SetVideoSettings, m_PostProcess...) nothing worked yet.

Is there anything else than toggling Post-processing that can display the video?
Maybe "Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2" if this works I can easily send you the addon to toggle that and with Keymap Editor you can assign a key to launch the addon.
Or if someone with more knowledge could find the right "setting name" for Post-processing that would be great.
There's no way to toggle the DXVA2 setting while watching the video (it's not in the video quick settings as post-processing is).
If I pause the video, go to home, and then to settings, toggle the DXVA2 setting, and go back to the video pressing the Tab key, the screen is still blank.

vitorp07, thank you very much for your help. I'm starting to feel bad for the time you're spending on this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard Shortcut ? for Video Post Processing.0