Cant get VC1 (hddvd's) working properly
Hello,

I am having a real problem tryingto get my hddvd's vc1 encoded material working in XBMC. They have all been ripped into MKV's. the problem is different all the time. Sometimes it just causes a crash, others it will play for a while then hang, somtimes it will play with no problems at all Huh.
The thing is I have tried all my hddvd rips using vlc player and they all work flawlessly every time... so this must be a problem within XBMC.
I am running win7 64, on a gtx580 outputting via HDMI to my pioneer amp then onto my pioneer monitor..
DVD and Blu's are fine.....
is there a known problem with XBMC and vc1 encoded material?? and wil it be fixed?
anyone?
If you post a debug log created on a file that plays up, someone might be able to offer some explanations. At the moment it'd be hard for anyone to try and look at your post and say xyz is causing it Smile
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Ok here's the log http://pastebin.com/F4Zqf29u

this is such a random but very annoying problem
Here is another log:-http://pastebin.com/11bt6zLK
That looks like a VC-1 interlaced video, which is not supported by ffmpeg at this time.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:That looks like a VC-1 interlaced video, which is not supported by ffmpeg at this time.

Hi,

They are all 1080p material, also they will sometimes play. this doesn't always happen sometimes they will play fine then the next time they will either hang XBMC, just return to the menu or do a complete system hang where I have to do a reset.
It is only XBMC that has this problem with these, these are all MKV hddvd rips.VLC player and KM player have no problem
Ok so here is my system GTX580(latest drivers), AsusP8Z68 Delux main,8gig ram,using onboard sound via HDMI,intel i7 cpu.Running Win7 64bit. I am getting different accounts from people as to whether XBMC can run VC-1 encoded material or not. I get the feeling that its not XBMC becuase i can sometimes manage to play my MKV Vc-1 rips all the way through. So there must be something else going on Huh.
I have Verticle Blank Sync enabled,
Sync playback refresh to display off
Adjust display refresh rate to display off
DXVA2 enabled.........

I have tried changing all the above settings to different combinations but none work. the above settings give me best results for my DVD and Bluray(MKV) rips.
please is there anyone who has same build as myself who has managed to get VC-1 HDDVD's working 100% ?
I would rather it be something i am doing wrong and be shouted at Big Grin rather than it be an XBMC issue.
mrhyde1969 Wrote:Ok so here is my system GTX580(latest drivers), AsusP8Z68 Delux main,8gig ram,using onboard sound via HDMI,intel i7 cpu.Running Win7 64bit. I am getting different accounts from people as to whether XBMC can run VC-1 encoded material or not. I get the feeling that its not XBMC becuase i can sometimes manage to play my MKV Vc-1 rips all the way through. So there must be something else going on Huh.
I have Verticle Blank Sync enabled,
Sync playback refresh to display off
Adjust display refresh rate to display off
DXVA2 enabled.........

I have tried changing all the above settings to different combinations but none work. the above settings give me best results for my DVD and Bluray(MKV) rips.
please is there anyone who has same build as myself who has managed to get VC-1 HDDVD's working 100% ?
I would rather it be something i am doing wrong and be shouted at Big Grin rather than it be an XBMC issue.

Hello

I am using an asus z68 mb with a gtx560 and an i5 2500k cpu.

I have about 100 hd dvd rips that play flawlessly on my setup. All were ripped using makemkv. On my original htpc a zotac hd22, some of them would sometimes stutter or stop playing.

However, on my new system I have no problems. I know you have said that you have tried everything, the only main difference I have is that I don't have dxva2 enabled. I did originally but it actually made my rips stutter...

When I am using it later, I will post a copy of my settings screen, just in case
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

toineb Wrote:Hello

I am using an asus z68 mb with a gtx560 and an i5 2500k cpu.

I have about 100 hd dvd rips that play flawlessly on my setup. All were ripped using makemkv. On my original htpc a zotac hd22, some of them would sometimes stutter or stop playing.

However, on my new system I have no problems. I know you have said that you have tried everything, the only main difference I have is that I don't have dxva2 enabled. I did originally but it actually made my rips stutter...

When I am using it later, I will post a copy of my settings screen, just in case

Hi thanks for that. This is soooo anoying I can play them fine using VLC media player and KM player... This is a shot in the dark but you are using a different skin then me, do you think perhaps it could be skin related? I am using 'back Row'.. btw I have also tried turning off dxva2 but that doesnt help.

edit:- just tried different skin, same problem
Can any developer see what's going on in the de bug to cause these problems?
I am using the Aeon MQ3 Skin...

Are you using Dharma or a pre-eden build?

I am using a pre-eden and this clip (for the movies section) shows the HD DVD's ripped playing on my system.

Apologies for the quality of the video, this is the first time I have tried video capture software and I only used the default settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03jKA6zcXPw
HTPC

toineb Wrote:I am using the Aeon MQ3 Skin...

Are you using Dharma or a pre-eden build?

I am using a pre-eden and this clip (for the movies section) shows the HD DVD's ripped playing on my system.

Apologies for the quality of the video, this is the first time I have tried video capture software and I only used the default settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8eLVLaRcik

Hi,
Yes I am using Dharma, i am thinking that perhaps it maybe a driver issue or something like that. What driver version from nvidia are you using?
I will try this out with a gtx520 later this week as i have purchased one to get the bitstreaming working(which my 580gtx cant do).
Have you tried a pre-eden build ?

I am using an older driver 8.17.12.7533

When I originally built my new rig, I had problems loading some games with the newer driver and I didn't get around to testing xbmc with it. I rolled back to an older driver and it solved all my problems with games and xbmc works a treat too.
HTPC

Where do i get pre Eden builds from

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant get VC1 (hddvd's) working properly0