Library Not Updating properly, Scraper issue or ???
Hi All,
I've read over some of the scraper-related threads, but I can't tell if this is my problem or not.
I'm running XBMC 10.1 on Win 7 x64.

Here's the issue:
As I add downloaded files to the NAS where the library is built from, some shows update and add correctly, while others do not.
The maddening thing is that even certain indivisual episodes refuse to update, when other episodes of the same show, same season, within the same folder display correctly.
I get similar issues with movies. Even though the movies are named correctly, some refuse to download the info. Some allow me to download/update manually, while others will not show up at all. If I try to update the movie info manually, it keeps popping up the dialog to rename the file, but the name is already correct.
I'm not even sure where to start, but it's driving my wife bonkers, and by extension, causing me headaches.
Please advise.
-Elmojo
Can you provide more information on how you have set up your sources? How are the directories structured? What are your scraper settings?

Try posting a debug log next time you add new content. Check the wiki for how to turn on debug logging and upload the xbmc.log to pastebin.com
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Sure, my sources were added within XBMC, and are pointing to shared folders on my NAS.
For example:
\\NAS\Videos\ for TV Shows
\\NAS\Videos\000_Films for movies

Initially, the library builds and updates correctly, it's only after the first library build that things go wonky.
When I add new shows or movies to the folder(s) on the NAS, they don't always show up in the library. I have the option selected to update on startup.

I'm thinking about trying a Pre-Eden build and see if that helps.

Any thoughts?
I'll read up on the debug log and pastebin if you think it's necessary.
what happen if you right click at a particular series and choose "scan for new contents"
civicguy Wrote:what happen if you right click at a particular series and choose "scan for new contents"

Not much.
It seems like certain episodes and movies just aren't recognized correctly.
All my TV shows are named in the same format (eg. Community S03E01 'Biology 101'.avi)
The movies are named in a similar way (eg. Knight And Day (2010) (AC3).avi)
If I try to update manually, it either ignores the particular episode or movie, or it pops up the 'manual naming' dialog, as though the file name is incorrect.
can i suggest you use the tool http://www.therenamer.com/ to try rename your tv shows
I think I'm having the same problem.

Could something be wrong with the scraper for theTVDB.com?

Several tv shows aren't appearing in XBMC anymore since a few days ago.

Here's a screenshot to give you an idea: http://i.imgur.com/ZzMjb.jpg

The new file is in the same directory as the two previous episodes that worked fine. The episode title is structured in a similar way. The file is displayed in XBMC in non-library mode. Re-scanning the specific directory doesn't help.

Any ideas?
I seem to be having the same issues as koedric.
I'm testing a Pre-Eden version to see if it behaves any differently, and will try out TheRenamer too.
Thanks!
-Elmojo
@koedric: I just updated my library and was able to scan the episode that you are having trouble with so I'd say that thetvdb.com is not the problem (at least not now)
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Yes, the Dexter episode from the screenshot has been imported now.

Still missing since a couple of weeks though:
Archer S03E02 Heart of Archness, Part 2.mkv
Archer S03E03 Heart of Archness, Part 3.mkv

So I guess there has been a problem at thetvdb.com in addition to something else that's specific to Archer...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Not Updating properly, Scraper issue or ???0