Running 3 displays on 560Ti?
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a 560Ti on a system I'm building. It's gonna be running 3 displays - 2 normal monitors and a 42" HDTV. The monitors connect through DVI and the HDTV through HDMI.

So can you have an extended desktop with all 3 displays?

Also, is the 560Ti fast enough to handle a scenario where you would do the following 3 things?
1) play an HD movie through XBMC on the TV.
2) play a game on the primary monitor
3) have a browser open on the secondary monitor. or play your music program on the secondary monitor.

I know it's asking a lot, but I just wanna get some input and see if anyone's tried something similar.
Here are the system specs:

i5 2500k
8GB RAM
560 Ti (Twin Frozr II version)
WD Caviar Black 1TB

edit: I just learned that some of the Z68 motherboards will have HDMI and DVI outputs. So does this mean you can run the HDTV off the motherbaord and the 2 monitors off the single 560? Or how about just running the secondary monitor off the motherboard since it won't be doing anything intensive.
99% of the nvidia cards won't run 3 screens of one card (even tho the cards have more than 2 outputs, you can only use 2 at a time) There's a few that will but there the cards that are basically two cards put together in one.

All motherboards i've seen won't allow you to run the on board as well as a video card but maybe on some motherboards it will allow you too.

So getting a second cheap video card for xbmc to run the TV would be your best bet imo.
There's a special edition 6950 2gb from sapphire which allows 3 displays simultaneously. It's called 6950 flex. I am leaning towards this at the moment.

The difference between this card and a regular 6950 is that you don't need the display-port adapter to use the 3rd monitor, as the board has everything u need built into to it.
It's basically the same price as a 560 Ti too.

Decisions decisions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running 3 displays on 560Ti?0