Adding source to XBMC after using external scraper
Firstly, apologies if I'm missing something completely obvious. It wouldn't be the first time.

Been using XBMC for a while and very happy with it. Because I am going to be setting up several more instances of xbmc in the household I decided to use a media companion to go through my collection so that I won't have to use the xbmc scrapers (and then go through correcting errors) each time.

So, I have used ember to go through my movie and tv shows and now have directories complete with nfo, jpg and tbn files.

Now,I assumed that all I would have to do is add each media directory as a source and that would be that but adding my tv folder doesn't result in anything appearing in under TV Shows and if I go into the tv folder in Videos it just shows lots of blank images and shows the .actor folder too.

Questions
1) So, even though I have used an external media manager, do I still have to have a scraper enabled when I add the source?

2) If so, does the scraper take the information from the local directory instead of TVDB?

3) If not, can you please call me a clueless knob and tell me what I need to do to add my files using the locally stored information/fanart etc generated by the media companion?

Much thanks for any help or advice offered.
Please ignore above post.

Have now established that you do have to have the scraper enabled but that wherever nfo information etc exists in a source folder it is taken from that and not from the online database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding source to XBMC after using external scraper0