[LIVE] Black Screen if XBMC Started with HDTV Turned Off?
Hi, I have installed Live 10.1 onto my Revo 3610 hard drive and I am having a peculiar problem. I performed the exact install/configuration on both my Revo 1600 and 3610 - only the 3610 seems to have this problem?

Right after the initial install the HDTV displayed the XBMC boot screen. Fine. After a bit it should have started displaying the GUI but before that it lost the signal from the Revo. I logged in thru Putty and performed a few upates and same thing after a reboot. Then I updated the nvidia drivers:
Code:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-current-modaliases nvidia-settings

Now when I boot in it hesitates to display the GUI after boot but then it provides the signal after a second or two and I can see the XBMC GUI and everything is fine. The problem is that if I reboot the 3610 while the HDTV is off and then turn it on I get no signal unless I unplug and plug the 3610 back in so it can 'handshake.' A serious pain in the ass since I leave it on 24/7.

I am asking if anyone has had this problem or has any ideas on how to fix this issue?? The following link provides a solution for the same kind of problem but I don't know enough about ubuntu or linux to tackle this since it is ubuntu with a GUI rather than just a command line:
http://markbrewster.wordpress.com/2010/0...urned-off/

if you wished to follow that guide you could install a window manager (i use fluxbox as its small and lightweight). I use this method to gain access to catalyst control centre.

Install fluxbox:
Quote:sudo apt-get install fluxbox

Create a launcher file (eg, fluxbox.sh) with the following contents:
Quote:#!/bin/bash
fluxbox &
xterm
killall -9 fluxbox
When run this launcher will start fluxbox and a terminal. When the terminal is closed fluxbox exits and you return to XBMC.

Make the file editable:
Quote:sudo chmod 755 <filename>

Then in XBMC install the executor plugin and set a new configuration to point to your launcher file. Launch it from Programs -> Executor.
Thanks I will try it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Black Screen if XBMC Started with HDTV Turned Off?0