XTREAMER PRODIGY(I want it)
Guys...

I know I will take some heat for even introducing an Xtreamer product inside this community,

BUT.. Xtreamer Prodigy

Please look and see if you can come up with any features, or lack there of, you feel would negate the price I will pay for this device. I've pretty much been sold since I first heard about it almost a year ago... so I'll probably get it unless I get some solid accurate information that would steer me toward the contrary...

..in short, I'm asking my XBMC community to help me with this decision, PLease!:o
o.O
eskro Wrote:o.O

lol...aiight man!
The biggest issue for me is that you wouldn't be able to run XBMC. How is this system any different than a popcorn hour??
Mallet21 Wrote:The biggest issue for me is that you wouldn't be able to run XBMC. How is this system any different than a popcorn hour??

its less powerful then PopcornHour
To each their own, but I see NO advantage to having this over an XBMC machine. Is there anything that is a plus on this thing over XBMC?
EndiSky Wrote:To each their own, but I see NO advantage to having this over an XBMC machine. Is there anything that is a plus on this thing over XBMC?

Just want this as a peripheral device for the kids, just built an unRAID server and i need 3D in another room that does not require an HTPC.. No need for a pwr build in the kids room. Something simple and user friendly!!
i used to have xtreamer sidewinder, and it has issues with hd audio. i returned it, because they didn't have proper sdk firsmware to fix hd audio problem then. you might want to confirm it with xtreamer on hd audio issues.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi,

I will avoid xtreamer like the plague, customer service is very poor and full of fake promises and very buggy firmware.

they cut a lot of corners there are dicussions on mpc club, as xtreamer forum deletes and bans member that speak or complain against them.

personally i waiting to see what the new sigma 8910 processors will provide as i understand they are trying to license to use XMBC on the platform and with it VXP processing (same as crystalio VP uses)

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Hey I did some research on Xtreamer has pretty bad reviews! I would not get it. Let's start a new build for you.
Okay....guys, I kinda new it already but I had to try and see if I could get some kind of reassurance from my XBMC fam..lol Nothing Doing!!

XTREAMER products = BackBurner for now!!

Thx
XTREAMER would have been good, only if it was well supported...
and its NOT!!
those guys make false promises to users who sped their money based on them,,,
HD-Audio passthrough is one of them,,,
a5ian300zx Wrote:they cut a lot of corners there are dicussions on mpc club, as xtreamer forum deletes and bans member that speak or complain against them.
it's very strange forum indeed. if you say anything bad about xtreamer product, they'll delete your message. why have a forum in the first place?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:it's very strange forum indeed. if you say anything bad about xtreamer product, they'll delete your message. why have a forum in the first place?

Well...not very strange to me, as WD does the same with regard to their firmware screw-ups for the WD Live HUB. If you voice your dissatisfaction to aggressively you WILL get a Ban warning in your inbox instead of offers for assistance!
The problem with these devices is they are SOC based thus they are wholly dependent upon Sigma or Realtek no matter which retailer package you go with. Some companies handle the issues better than others.
I first owned a Patriot Box Office and their user forum does not censor at all. We flamed the heck out of em but we also provided great community support. Patriot support was near non-existent.
If you want to buy something simple for the kids the PBO is not a bad choice. It has its limitations but last time I checked it was pretty cheap - especially used. Plus it is durable - solid aluminum case - to prevent kid breakage. You can slap a hard drive in there with their videos. The wired network capabilities do okay with 720p 1-2GB files.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XTREAMER PRODIGY(I want it)0