XTREAMER PRODIGY(I want it)
or this one- Dune HD Smart B1 with Internal Blu-Ray Disk
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
CpTHOOK Wrote:Well...not very strange to me, as WD does the same with regard to their firmware screw-ups for the WD Live HUB. If you voice your dissatisfaction to aggressively you WILL get a Ban warning in your inbox instead of offers for assistance!
not really...you can speak freely in boxee, roku, etc forums.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I had the Xtreamer MK1 and it served me very well. Played virtually everything I threw at it. As for the support, if I needed anything I got it from their forums, which were very helpful. They were very good with the frequency of firmware updates, too imho.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
For my sins, I also fell for the Prodigy hype.

Thought I, "a nice plug and play device to keep the family happy". Yeah right!

Seriously, what a PoS. Arrived yesterday, and already packed for return. The interface is nasty, no user manual, which is ok with a good, intuitive UI, but this thing is beyond terrible.

Ok it looks pretty, and it does play media well, if you can get it to switch on, and then find your shares on the network, and then traverse an 80's style file manager. I plugged in my RAID, which has a name (it couldn't find it on the network so I connected it directly) and what did this device call it? 'C:'...seriously.

No media library, no metadata scraping, just files and folders. This was to be a second device for the spare room, but I guess I'll have to put together another XBMC solution. Ho hum.
If you want 3D you might want to look at the AMD E-450. Not powerful, but can run W7, do HD ausio and 3D playback. Though, the E-450 has been announced since early september, but I haven't seen a motherboard yet. They do have laptops though.
Rimoff Wrote:For my sins, I also fell for the Prodigy hype.

Thought I, "a nice plug and play device to keep the family happy". Yeah right!

Seriously, what a PoS. Arrived yesterday, and already packed for return. The interface is nasty, no user manual, which is ok with a good, intuitive UI, but this thing is beyond terrible.

Ok it looks pretty, and it does play media well, if you can get it to switch on, and then find your shares on the network, and then traverse an 80's style file manager. I plugged in my RAID, which has a name (it couldn't find it on the network so I connected it directly) and what did this device call it? 'C:'...seriously.

No media library, no metadata scraping, just files and folders. This was to be a second device for the spare room, but I guess I'll have to put together another XBMC solution. Ho hum.

Wow... RU freakin' kiddin'!!..No media library, no metadata scraping, just files and folders..and it wont recognize your NAS shares, that's BIG!! See.. Thats why I dig the XBMC community so much.. you ask question, even if you take heat for it as I surely did in this post, you wont end up on the wrong track in the end!!
If you want an XBMC-like experience, get an HTPC and install XBMC (or get the Xtreamer Ultra). If you're looking for a set-top box that will play your files without all the extra eye candy, get something like the Xtreamer Prodigy. They're completely different products, and it's pointless to denigrate a product because it doesn't look and behave like something else when that's what it wasn't designed for.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XTREAMER PRODIGY(I want it)0