Volume Amplification
Nightly build has Volume Amplification feature in Audio Option (while playing movies). Why XBMC stable version (10.1) remove this feature?

Using version 10.1, volume is too low, but I don't like to use nightly build because I don't want to rebuild my Library (movies information, fanart, thumbs...)

Please add Volume Amplification into stable version (now is v10.1)
oh man, your request is ridiculous!

think about it, new features go into new versions... it was never 'removed', it just was never there!
vinistois Wrote:oh man, your request is ridiculous!

think about it, new features go into new versions... it was never 'removed', it just was never there!

Ridiculous! OK, please explain why we have:
- Stable Release 10.1: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-10.1.exe (without Volume Amplification)
- Nightly Build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe (within Volume Amplification)

Nightly builds are not "new version" of Stable release. Right?
duongtunglam Wrote:Ridiculous! OK, please explain why we have:
- Stable Release 10.1: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/xbmc-10.1.exe (without Volume Amplification)
- Nightly Build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe (within Volume Amplification)

Nightly builds are not "new version" of Stable release. Right?
They are developmental builds based on new features, suggestions, so in essence that's exactly what they are.
steelman1991 Wrote:They are developmental builds based on new features, suggestions, so in essence that's exactly what they are.

Thanks. But "nightly builds" and "stable release" not compatible in Library database... Hard to switch between these builds.

Otherwise, stable release have many theme to choose and my favorite theme is not compatible with "nightly builds" Sad

I want only 1 feature Volume Amplification.
duongtunglam Wrote:Thanks. But "nightly builds" and "stable release" not compatible in Library database... Hard to switch between these builds.

Otherwise, stable release have many theme to choose and my favorite theme is not compatible with "nightly builds" Sad

I want only 1 feature Volume Amplification.
If that feature is only available in the nightly builds, then you have only 1 of 2 options

Download and use the latest nightly builds, or
Wait for the next stable release

No changes are going to be made to Dharma 10.1 to include 'new' features, that's what the nightly builds are for - sorry.
The nightly builds (also called pre-Eden) are currently in feature freeze and will soon enter beta. This means that no new features will be added to the nightlies and all efforts will be on bug fixing for the upcoming release of XBMC v11.0 (also known as Eden).

Volume amplification, as steelman has said, is an Eden feature and is only available in nightlies. If you want volume amplification you will have to upgrade your database at some stage. There is no more Dharma (current stable version) development.

I suggest that, if you are concerned about database compatibility, you wait until the Eden beta is released as there are unlikely to be significant changes to the database after this time (I hope this is the case). There should be little need to swap between Dharma (current stable) and Eden (current development) at this stage. If you are really worried back up your Dharma databases before trying out a pre-Eden version. Or install a portable version of pre-Eden and see if it does what you want it to do before making the decision to upgrade your working system.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
rocketpants Wrote:The nightly builds (also called pre-Eden) are currently in feature freeze and will soon enter beta. This means that no new features will be added to the nightlies and all efforts will be on bug fixing for the upcoming release of XBMC v11.0 (also known as Eden).

Volume amplification, as steelman has said, is an Eden feature and is only available in nightlies. If you want volume amplification you will have to upgrade your database at some stage. There is no more Dharma (current stable version) development.

I suggest that, if you are concerned about database compatibility, you wait until the Eden beta is released as there are unlikely to be significant changes to the database after this time (I hope this is the case). There should be little need to swap between Dharma (current stable) and Eden (current development) at this stage. If you are really worried back up your Dharma databases before trying out a pre-Eden version. Or install a portable version of pre-Eden and see if it does what you want it to do before making the decision to upgrade your working system.

Thanks for your info.
Can you give me the link of "portable version of pre-Eden" ? Thank you.
duongtunglam Wrote:Thanks for your info.
Can you give me the link of "portable version of pre-Eden" ? Thank you.

Download a nightly build and set it to install in a different location than your current Dharma build. Then add the switch "-p" (without quotes) to the end of the shortcut that launches xbmc. This will launch the portable mode with a separate database and addon directory.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
is there a way I can write a keymap for this (easier than going thru the menu)?
I second that. Or at least a pre-choice in the options... I ALWAYS have to manually up that volume amp... it's kind of silent!

EDIT: Now I get it... I have to set the volume amplification up, then I have to choose the option at the bottom which transfers it to every movie... god this is not user friendly =/.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume Amplification0