<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="vlc" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Pasted int the correct folder App/roaming/xbmc/userdata....Still cannot get XBMC to recognize this player. Jeeeeez

To make sure that you are creating the file in the right place and correctly, do this.
Open run (win+r on your keyboard) and paste this:
Code:
notepad "%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playercorefactory.xml"
If you have created your file correctly it should open in notepad.
If it doesn't, just push yes when notepad asks if you want to create a new file then paste your code inside and save.
Streaker76 Wrote:the xbmc version is 10.5. does that make senseHuh Playback on the audio on my laptop is fine with this version....... Ok.... i uninstalled the XBMC and reintalled the 10.1 dharma. I pasted the playercorefactory into the new roaming>xbmc>userdata folder... played back a mkv and nothing still did not go to mpc-hc.
something is definitely corrupted then. just give it one more try with a clean sweep:

1. un-install xbmc in start>control panel>all control panel items>program&features
2. clear all xbmc from registry in start>accessorie>command prompt>regedit>local machine>click edit+find>type "xbmc" in search box (delete xbmc if there is any)
3. check in roaming and program files folders- if there is any xbmc found, delete it.
4. re-install windows version from here- Current Stable Release: 10.1 “Dharma”
5. try to launch it and playback movie to make sure that it can playback movie at this stage
6. copy and paste playercorefactory.xml(make sure that it is xml extension) to roaming>xbmc>userdata folder
7. try to playback the same movie as step #5 again

good luck!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
steelman1991 Wrote:Time for some screenshots and debug logs. Navigate through windows explorer to the location of your playercorefactory file and mpc-hc.exe file, take screenshots and upload the resultant image to imageshack or similar and paste a link to the image here.

Mine look like this:

and

The name of the folder containing mpc-hc can be named whatever it likes, providing the path in the playercorefactory matches it.

Also turn on debugging from the xbmc gui (system\system\debugging), try to play a file and post the resultant debug log - which will be written to the userdata folder, to pastebin and link to the pastebin page from here.

Here is my folders:

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298...-41-26.png

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298...-36-49.png

When comparing Im missing a advancedsettings.xmlHuh?

Im also going to do what Bluray suggested and reinstall 'again' the xbmc.
Streaker76 Wrote:Here is my folders:

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298...-41-26.png

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298...-36-49.png

When comparing Im missing a advancedsettings.xmlHuh?

Do what I said. Your playercorefactory.xml is actually playercorefactory.xml.txt.
0wing Wrote:Do what I said. Your playercorefactory.xml is actually playercorefactory.xml.txt.
You might just have nailed it Owing mate Nod
Streaker76 Wrote:When comparing Im missing a advancedsettings.xmlHuh?

as i said many times, make sure that it is .xml extension. in your printscreen, it shown as .txt extension.

let put playercorefactory.xml fiasco to rest. please download this (playercorefactory.xml) and paste it to roaming>xbmc>userdata folder. i used your codes and mpc-hc directory in it.
and the WINNNNNNNNNNNNER is

Got it. Thank you guys so much for your help. I really do appreciate it. Now gonna test it on my receiver and see if I get audio drops. I really do hope I don't. Before I test is there any bitstreaming changes I have to make to the MPC?

Steve
Excellent really pleased for you. Yeah you'll either have to set-up with ffdshow or LAV filters - personally i find LAV filters easier to work with - download them from here - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191, install then open mpc-hc\options\external filters and add them, setting up as preferred. This should provide you with bitstream capability.
Streaker76 Wrote:and the WINNNNNNNNNNNNER is

Got it. Thank you guys so much for your help. I really do appreciate it. Now gonna test it on my receiver and see if I get audio drops. I really do hope I don't. Before I test is there any bitstreaming changes I have to make to the MPC?

Steve
congratulation and enjoy it!

if you haven't configure mpc-hc to bitstream hd audio, you might want to follow my guides here to configure mpc-hc:post #89 and post #90.

after you got mpc-hc to bitstream by itself, it should bitstream as xbmc external player too!
nice catch. that is one of the reasons I never have the 'hide known file extensions' option enabled.
Streaker76 Wrote:and the WINNNNNNNNNNNNER is

Steve

I'm not sure you ever said what kind of video card you have, but if you're running ATI and you have the processing power, MPC-HC with LAV Spillter, LAV Video Decoder, ffdshow Audio Decoder and madVR Renderer work perfectly for me with MKV, BDMV and TS files. I mean perfect. Beautiful picture, perfect bitstreaming of HD audio. I actually initially had it set up with LAV Audio Decoder instead of ffdshow, but it just completely hacked up TrueHD mkv files. I mean so bad they would not play and the audio just cut in and out continuously like 100 times a minute.

There's so many guides to set this up. It's really easy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS Core Audio Drop and Video Playback Studder0