DTS Core Audio Drop and Video Playback Studder
[quote=bluray]did you do this- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd?

Yes I've done this link. This is the problem. The bitstreaming through the XBMC is causing audio drops. That's why I got this ball rolling to see if there are any other alternatives....
Streaker76 Wrote:[quote=bluray]did you do this- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd?

Yes I've done this link. This is the problem. The bitstreaming through the XBMC is causing audio drops. That's why I got this ball rolling to see if there are any other alternatives....
i'm sorry to read that you cannot get pre-eden to bitstream properly. if you want to configure mpc-hc as an external player, you can try the playercorefactory codes below:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename="*m2ts*" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filename="*mkv*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

you can open notepad, copy the codes above, paste it in notepad and save it as playercorefactory.xml to this directory: C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

note- you need to pay very close attention to the directories in "red", and it have to match you htpc directories.

if you haven't configure mpc-hc to bitstream hd audio, you might want to follow my guides here to configure mpc-hc:post #89 and post #90.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Streaker76 Wrote:
bluray Wrote:did you do this- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd?

You should really try this version with DSPlayer. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106629

I had the same problems you did. Lots of audio glitches and drops. And not with one format, with multiple HD audio movies in different formats from mkv to ts to full blu ray files.

This version is very configurable. You can configure different filters for different files type. So far, so good. It's handling everything I throw at it perfectly. Much smoother playback, no audio dropouts. I can even use MPC HC as a secondary player in it to play back my 1080p bluray movies with HD Audio, as I have MPC setup with madVR and I think it looks the best of anything I've used. And it's built off a fairly new nightly and appears to have at least a little bit of support.
To add, it doesn't support HD audio straight out of the box. You need to set up your files that contain HD audio to use ffdshow audio as the filter. The setup for bitstreaming with ffdshow are all over the internet and this forum. It's really easy.
Streaker76 Wrote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename> <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /play /close</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

K i copied the one you had and changed the path of the player. I then tried opening XBMC and a mkv movie and NOTHING. Still don't get the external player to open.

The playercorefactory has been saved in the right path: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata

Not sure what else I'm missing or what I'm doing incorrectly. Do any settings in the XBMC have to be changed?

I've tried a couple of the nightly builds and no changes to the audio.

That is not the right path. playercorefactory.xml needs to be in:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Also, I have hidexbmc set to false. Not sure if that makes as difference or not.

If you are using an external player because you want hd audio, just use Dharma - at least to test that everything is working correctly.
I think if you use XBMC in a true fullscreen, it's better to set hidexbmc to true to keep it from working to hard to render MPC and XBMC. I think I read that somewhere. I use madVR with MPC which does not use hardware acceleration. Setting hidexbmc to true was the only way to get perfectly smooth playback with some higher bitrate files.
Ok I've now tried yours and nothing. Note in bold is the path my the location of the MPC-HC on my computer. I'm still getting no external player. The movie defaults to the XBMC player. Pardon my ignorance but do my MKV and m2ts files have to be in a curtain file with the XBMC or anything? I'm not sure why I'm having so much problems trying to get this to workHuh

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Streaker76 Wrote:Ok I've now tried yours and nothing. Note in bold is the path my the location of the MPC-HC on my computer. I'm still getting no external player. The movie defaults to the XBMC player. Pardon my ignorance but do my MKV and m2ts files have to be in a curtain file with the XBMC or anything? I'm not sure why I'm having so much problems trying to get this to workHuh

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I think you want filetypes="mkv|m2ts"
Also, and I'm not sure that it matters, but every example I've seen on the internet using wildcards is set up in this format <rule player="MPC-HC" filename=".*DTSHDMA*."/> with periods inside the quotes. I think I tried it without them and it didn't work. But, in your example, you want filetypes.
Streaker76 Wrote:Ok I've now tried yours and nothing. Note in bold is the path my the location of the MPC-HC on my computer. I'm still getting no external player. The movie defaults to the XBMC player. Pardon my ignorance but do my MKV and m2ts files have to be in a curtain file with the XBMC or anything? I'm not sure why I'm having so much problems trying to get this to workHuh

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Did you change the location of your playercorefactory.xml to the path I stated above?

Also why did you change the format of your rule tag? It was correct before. Why not just try for one file type, say mkv, until you can get things working correctly. And then add things one by one after testing each change.

Here is what my working file looks like:

Make sure you put it in: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
      <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema (x64)\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /play /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

I also notice you took the /play argument out. Probably want to put that back in if you want the movie to start playing automatically.
clubwerks Wrote:I think you want filetypes="mkv|m2ts"
you're correct, but i tried it with filetypes and filename. it seems to work both way, and i decided to keep it as filename. i did have it as filename for my tmt5 codes though.

since july, i disabled all external players because i'm happily use july version of pre-eden. i used roughly six different type of codes and it's stored in my hard drive as my collection.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:you're correct, but i tried it with filetypes and filename. it seems to work both way, and i decided to keep it as filename. i did have it as filename for my tmt5 codes though.

since july, i disabled all external players because i'm happily use july version of pre-eden. i used roughly six different type of codes and it's stored in my hard drive as my collection.

OK, well that's all well and good, but his setup isn't working so let's try to get his working.
clubwerks Wrote:I think if you use XBMC in a true fullscreen, it's better to set hidexbmc to true to keep it from working to hard to render MPC and XBMC. I think I read that somewhere. I use madVR with MPC which does not use hardware acceleration. Setting hidexbmc to true was the only way to get perfectly smooth playback with some higher bitrate files.

Could be. I've never had issues. The default is false, so I just left it at that.
foghat Wrote:Could be. I've never had issues. The default is false, so I just left it at that.

Do you use DXVA/DXVA2? I don't because madVR doesn't support hardware acceleration.
clubwerks Wrote:Do you use DXVA/DXVA2? I don't because madVR doesn't support hardware acceleration.

Yep I do so that probably explains that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS Core Audio Drop and Video Playback Studder0