DTS Core Audio Drop and Video Playback Studder
Streaker76 Wrote:Ok I've now tried yours and nothing. Note in bold is the path my the location of the MPC-HC on my computer. I'm still getting no external player. The movie defaults to the XBMC player. Pardon my ignorance but do my MKV and m2ts files have to be in a curtain file with the XBMC or anything? I'm not sure why I'm having so much problems trying to get this to workHuh
i'm afraid that the profile and guisettings in roaming>xbmc>userdata are messed up. you can rename roaming>xbmc to roaming>xbmc_orig. you can relaunch xbmc in the program files folder again. it'll generate a fresh new profile and guisettings in roaming folder, and then you can copy and paste playercorefactory.xml from the roaming>xbmc_orig>userdata to the new roaming>xbmc>userdata. good luck!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /play /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

K, I reverted back to Steelman's playercorefactory... I also checked the path that I saved the notepad as playercorefactory.xml C:\Users\Streaker76\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

I'm still not getting any external player come up within the XBMC.
Streaker76 Wrote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

K, I reverted back to Steelman's playercorefactory... I also checked the path that I saved the notepad as playercorefactory.xml C:\Users\Streaker76\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

check post #31
I assume you have double checked your path to mpc-hc?

On both my my win7 32bit machine and 64bit machine the folder name for which the mpc-hc.exe file resides is called: "MPC HomeCinema". Not the "Media Player Classic - Home Cinema" you have.

Unless you changed the name during install, I'm surprised your mpc folder is named differently than mine. Of course I've had mine installed for a couple of years now, so maybe it installs to different folder name now.

I would also again suggest, you start with just one file extension, say mkv, and get things going before adding more complexity. And of course make sure you are testing with a mkv movie.
I do really appreciate the help guys.

Bluray - I missed your post on #31... did that and renamed and pasted back the playercorefactory. I launched XBMC and it's defaulted back to the factory settings. I then tried a movie and nothing. No MPC-HC opened. Just the default player again.

Foghat - I did double check the path and and yes its C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\

The movie I've been testing between 2 movies. One DTSMA m2ts and one TrueDD mkv

I've attached what the player looks like when i launch a movie... don't think thats the MPC

I'm at a complete lose right now.
Streaker76 Wrote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Here's mine, just for grins. I don't see anything glaring.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer">
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*DTSHDMA*." player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule filename=".*TRUEHD*." player="MPC-HC" />
<rule filename=".*TrueHD*." player="MPC-HC" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
That's definitely not MPC.
It can really only be one of two things. Either your playercorefactory.xml is in the wrong place or your MPC is in the wrong place.
Streaker76 Wrote:Image
from the look of the screen shot, it appear that you still launch xbmc from xbmc_hd_audio folder. if you want to use mpc-hc as external player, you need to launch xbmc from dharma 10.1 instead. here what i want you to do:

1. cut and move the entire xbmc_hd_audio folder and xbmc folder in roaming to another location to save it for record.
2. launch xbmc dharma 10.1 version
3. try to playback the same panda movie using dharma 10.1 version. if it can playback okay with standard audio, move on to next step
4. paste the playercorefactory.xml in the new roaming>xbmc>userdata folder
5. launch dharma 10.1 version and try to playback the same panda movie again. it should playback with mpc-hc.

good luck!

here is how the screen should look with mpc-hc as external player:
i used the coded in post #17 to test the above sample.
i guess i'll take the playercorefactory and paste it in every single folder i have and do the same with the MPC..... LOL... keep plugging away i guess.
bluray Wrote:from the look of the screen shot, it appear that you still launch xbmc from xbmc_hd_audio folder. if you want to use mpc-hc as external player, you need to launch xbmc from dharma 10.1 instead. here what i want you to do:

1. cut and move the entire xbmc_hd_audio folder and xbmc folder in roaming to another location to save it for record.
2. launch xbmc dharma 10.1 version
3. try to playback the same panda movie using dharma 10.1 version. if it can playback okay with standard audio, move on to next step
4. paste the playercorefactory.xml in the new roaming>xbmc>userdata folder
5. launch dharma 10.1 version and try to playback the same panda movie again. it should playback with mpc-hc.

good luck!

No it's not fromt he xmbc_hd_audio folder.. i have that separate for the Dharma.. The snapshot is from dharma 10.1... I'll try again with the info you provided. Not quiting until i get it fixed.
Streaker76 Wrote:No it's not fromt he XBMC_hd_audio folder.. i have that separate for the Dharma.. The snapshot is from dharma 10.1... I'll try again with the info you provided. Not quiting until i get it fixed.
in step #2 of post #39, you can launch xbmc from start>all programs>xbmc>xbmc. it'll be sure that it is launch with dharma 10.1. unless, you have other version installed on your htpc other than dharm 10.1!
the xbmc version is 10.5. does that make senseHuh Playback on the audio on my laptop is fine with this version....... Ok.... i uninstalled the XBMC and reintalled the 10.1 dharma. I pasted the playercorefactory into the new roaming>xbmc>userdata folder... played back a mkv and nothing still did not go to mpc-hc.
tried a different external player --- VLC

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="vlc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="vlc" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Pasted int the correct folder App/roaming/xbmc/userdata....Still cannot get XBMC to recognize this player. Jeeeeez
Time for some screenshots and debug logs. Navigate through windows explorer to the location of your playercorefactory file and mpc-hc.exe file, take screenshots and upload the resultant image to imageshack or similar and paste a link to the image here.

Mine look like this:

and

The name of the folder containing mpc-hc can be named whatever it likes, providing the path in the playercorefactory matches it.

Also turn on debugging from the xbmc gui (system\system\debugging), try to play a file and post the resultant debug log - which will be written to the userdata folder, to pastebin and link to the pastebin page from here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS Core Audio Drop and Video Playback Studder0