Why are the repositories empty?
Question 
Hey guys, I'm running pre-eden builds and I added some repositories ao. the advanced launcher one. However they appear empty (no addons). also the XBMC official rep lists very few addons... When I download the advanced launcher plugin it did work fine so it isn't compatibility issues.

I tested on multiple machines, same results everywhere.

Does anybody have a clue about what is going on? Are the repositories disabled for debugging purposes maybe?

cheers

jiq
Once you have installer a new repository, have you try to perform a Force Refresh on them? You need to highlight the repository then use the context menu to access the "Force Refresh" option. If it is not working, maybe there is a bug into the actual pre-eden version.
thanks I'll try that after work, btw I have am experiencing a few other (unrelated) bugs, do you know how I can properly file them?

cheers
I'm not sure I can really help you on this (even more if you not explain what are your bugs). Also, I'm not using pre-eden build versions because it supposed to be an unstable versions that effectively may contain bugs.
ok nevermind Tongue let's stick to the one this thread was created for
jiquera Wrote:thanks I'll try that after work, btw I have am experiencing a few other (unrelated) bugs, do you know how I can properly file them?

cheers

The repo's are almost empty because these are the only add-ons that are Eden 'certified'. Not all add-ons are converted to work with Eden.

About the other problems. Just ask them in related threads.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Angelscry can you react on MS's post? Did you 'certify' your advanced launcher plugin?

@Machine-Sanctum: is there a way so I can see all the addons anyway, I'd like to test them myself since most of them are probably working anyway
Use the passion-xbmc repo. You can get most of the add-ons there or search the add-ons threads.
Remember that eventualy some add-on will break xbmc!!

The advance launcher uses python1.0 and in Eden you should use python2.0
This doesn't mean it does not work in Eden.
Angelscry could give a better answer to that
jiquera Wrote:@Angelscry can you react on MS's post? Did you 'certify' your advanced launcher plugin?
Ouupss... you just inform me that I need to certify Advanced Launcher to make it recognized by the future Eden version of XBMC.

Actually Advanced Launcher is declared as using version 1.0 of python. It actually works well on pre-Eden version of XBMC, so I think it will not be too complicated to switch it from version 1.0 to version 2.0 of python. I just have to check what that implies with the Dharma compatibility of the plugin.

My priority is the actual stable and released version of XBMC (Dharma). If it will be not possible to have a certified version of Advanced Launcher that will work on both XBMC versions (Dharma and Eden), the certified version of Advanced Launcher will only be released when XBMC Eden version will be released too.
ah im glad we found the problem Tongue would it be possible to maintain 2 versions? 1 eden en 1 dharma, in this case you would be able to support dharma and already start testing for eden before its release
jiquera Wrote:ah im glad we found the problem Tongue would it be possible to maintain 2 versions? 1 eden en 1 dharma, in this case you would be able to support dharma and already start testing for eden before its release
No, I will only maintain one version of Advanced Launcher at the time, trying to make it fully compatible with the actual version of XBMC (Dharma), and mostly compatible with the future version of XBMC (Eden).
ok nm, it seemed to work fine anyway, thanks for the answers and the hard work on the add on!

cheers
Angelscry Wrote:Ouupss... you just inform me that I need to certify Advanced Launcher to make it recognized by the future Eden version of XBMC.

Actually Advanced Launcher is declared as using version 1.0 of python. It actually works well on pre-Eden version of XBMC, so I think it will not be too complicated to switch it from version 1.0 to version 2.0 of python. I just have to check what that implies with the Dharma compatibility of the plugin.

My priority is the actual stable and released version of XBMC (Dharma). If it will be not possible to have a certified version of Advanced Launcher that will work on both XBMC versions (Dharma and Eden), the certified version of Advanced Launcher will only be released when XBMC Eden version will be released too.

Well certify is maybe the wrong term. We also had a version of the extrafanartdownloader which was for dharma and eden. It worked just fine how ever the dev's wanted separate versions.

Python1 in dharma
Python2 in eden
No switching of python versions.
It is posible that it could be as just changing the python version to be eden 'proof'.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It is posible that it could be as just changing the python version to be eden 'proof'.
That's what I thought. But I want to sure that changing the python version number into Advanced Launcher will keep it compatible with Dharma. Wink
Angelscry Wrote:That's what I thought. But I want to sure that changing the python version number into Advanced Launcher will keep it compatible with Dharma. Wink
Don't think their will be a problem if you copy the Dharma code into the Eden code version. As long as the addon.xml only imports the correct python version for the right xbmc version.
Those where the requirements for adding it to the official repo.
If you only use your own repo the rules are not as strict because users can chose for themselves and do at their own risk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are the repositories empty?0