uPNP Changes in Eden causing it to not work
Hi there,
I have discovered in Eden that the uPNP is no longer working consistently, as it once was in Dharma. For the most part, my movies won't play when I am using Eden as the uPNP server. However, the exact same movie on the same PC running Dharma will play fine. I am using the Confluence skin in both instances to rule out a skin issue. I have tried Eden's uPNP on 2 different computers to no avail. I am using WDTV Live Hub as my client in both instances.

Here is the debug log when trying it on Eden. (This doesn't work).

Here is the debug log when using Dharma. (Works perfect on all files).

Both instances were the same movie - a ripped DVD into mkv. The problem is consistent for DVD's and blurays. One thing I noticed using the WDTV Live Hub as the client - when using Eden, the audio displayed says UNKNOWN. When using Dharma, the audio displayed says Dolby Digital (or whatever the audio is depending on the movie.) I have tried redoing the movie with no header compression using mkvmerge and it still doesn't working in Eden.

I recall reading the developers don't really have a uPNP guy to code, so I'm hoping this will be an easy fix. Thanks in advance.

-LF
Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Is this a known issue? If not, I'd like to submit a bug report, but I want to be sure it's not just me.

Thanks
I have the same problem, created a thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=upnp
Unfortunately this bug still exists in beta 2. I was hoping my two debug logs would help, being they are side-by-side with one working (Dharma) and the other not working (Eden). Hopefully someone is able to work on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uPNP Changes in Eden causing it to not work0