D3DERR_DEVICELOST error in Debug
Periodically, and I can't figure out the direct cause, when using either my Harmony Remote or my wireless keyboard on my ION 330, my standard keyboard commands stop functioning. To resume normal action, I have to either Alt + Tab to another active window, or if there are no windows active, Window + D to return to the desktop and then back to XBMC and things work again.

I turned on debugging and got this error message.

http://pastebin.com/4gbvyf5c

Looks to be a Windows device error for losing focus, but I can't read anything more into, nor can I see what might cause it.

I've got xbmc installed on a Windows XP box, on my ASrock ION 330HT. Using a Harmony Remote configured to think that my HTPC is a Media Center PC. The problem occurs both from using my remote or my keyboard, so I don't think it is directly related to the remote, rather some Windows process. Thanks for help.

Cheers
If you look at the Onkey logs e.g.

DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 1044640 pressed, action is

The number needs to be converted to hex to see what key has been pressed. For example 1044640 is 0x0FF0A0. Of the three bytes the lowest byte, A0, gives the key being pressed, the middle byte is always F0 for a keypress, and the top byte tells you what keyboard modifiers like ctrl, shift etc are down.

In this case 0x0F means ctrl, shift, alt and altgr are all down, which seems odd to say the least. Looking at another entry:

DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 192549 pressed, action is

192549 is 0x02F025 and the top byte 02 means the shift key is down. So at some point Windows (not XBMC) has missed the shift-up signal from the keyboard and thinks the shift key is still down. You'll probably find if you press and release the shift button on the keyboard it will start working again.

Incidentally Eden will provide more intelligable logging of key presses.

JR
What's interesting is that I saw in another thread the suggestion about the shift key, and that didn't work. I may just update to an Eden nightly and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then at least I have better logging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
D3DERR_DEVICELOST error in Debug0