• 6(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
Thanks. Rep points all around...
thx
I've read from some people that suspending rather than shutting down or hibernating is rough on the system, but I think I also saw someone said with an APU it's fine. When I suspend, the fans shut down and everything seems to power down OK. Is this bad for the system? Should I shut down instead?
I've never heard that suspending was bad on the components. For the OS though, my take on this is that you should shutdown once in a while to clear the processes loaded in memory, as they sometimes have memory leaks. This can slow down your computer, until you reboot.
Thanks.
Made a mistake
please create your own thread, thx
(2012-04-06, 02:51)eskro Wrote: please create your own thread, thx

Hi sorry will do thanks
The questions never end. Was I supposed to apply some sort of thermal grease or spray anywhere? Think I remember reading this in the CPU or motherboard instruction but forgot about it until now.

Much obliged.
not if u use the stock amd cooler...
they come with thermal paste pre-applied for you.
I built this set-up but with a different case and add on's to me is worlds most silent htpc and dam it looks good and play great! If anyone wan't to build it you have my thread for info.
Hey eskro - you've made mention of adjusting fan speed (either through BIOS or Speedfan) to reduce noise. In Asrock BIOS, can I safely leave the target temp for both the CPU and case fan at 50ºC while lowering the target speed for both to 1?

I can't thank you enough for all the help over the past few weeks. Thanks again.
(2012-04-19, 23:17)evanl81 Wrote: Hey eskro - you've made mention of adjusting fan speed (either through BIOS or Speedfan) to reduce noise. In Asrock BIOS, can I safely leave the target temp for both the CPU and case fan at 50ºC while lowering the target speed for both to 1?

I can't thank you enough for all the help over the past few weeks. Thanks again.
AsRock included the options for a reason. Yes, you can set CPU to "Cool ‘n’ Quiet" in AsRock Bios Advance tab and set the CPU operating temperature to 50 degrees in Bios Hardware/Health Monitor tab....and you can start with setting both CPU and case fans to level 5.......it'll be very quiet. If you want it to be quieter, you can lower it down further but you have to monitor the operation temp.....

If you want to bootup faster, you can try AsRock instant bootup option- Instant Boot ver:1.29. You'll be surprise by how quick it bootup.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks.
Working on this build, but I'm having severe heat issue. Even underclocking and dropping the CPU voltage (1800mhz,1.325v) the CPU heats up then thermal throttling kicks in. I'm using the stock cooler with the suggested 120mm fan in the second hdd bay blowing in the side.

I'm going to experiment with pulling out the power supple and running it outside the case entirely for a while to see if he problem is caused by how the power supply basically blocks off half the CPU cooler's fan.

Or how the power supply's absurdly long cables block off the tiny bit of space that remains above it.

It seems to me that it's just a very poor case design for this application, unless other MB's position the CPU differently?

Does anyone have this particular build up and running? Specifically with this case and CPU? Did you have similar issues?

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D3