XBMC Picture Quality ?
I've got a decent HTPC with HDMI to my 42inch TV. A couple of 2tb HDD's linked in (600plus ISO's or MKV's)....

Using XBMC as a front end I've noticed that the picture quality is never as good when playing from XBMC's player as when I use something like VLC Media Player....

I've spend hours trying to 'tweak' my ATI graphics card settings to try to improve the quality but watching a dvd movie using XBMC is really lacking in definition / contrast and just reminds me of an old video tape in LP mode.

XBMC is great to use (especially with NAVI-x) but is there any likelyhood of future improvements in this area....
advid Wrote:I've got a decent HTPC with HDMI to my 42inch TV. A couple of 2tb HDD's linked in (600plus ISO's or MKV's)....

Using XBMC as a front end I've noticed that the picture quality is never as good when playing from XBMC's player as when I use something like VLC Media Player....

I've spend hours trying to 'tweak' my ATI graphics card settings to try to improve the quality but watching a dvd movie using XBMC is really lacking in definition / contrast and just reminds me of an old video tape in LP mode.

XBMC is great to use (especially with NAVI-x) but is there any likelyhood of future improvements in this area....

Be more specific with your setup, what are you tweaking exactly?

Are you using DXVA?
Which scaling method are you using when watching a DVD or haven't you changed it you should try lanczos3 optimised it should improve things there's also lanczos3 but you need to enable this in Advancedsettings.xml before you can select it
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Picture Quality ?0