Showcase of my build
First of all I want to thank you guys at this forum. I was reading it for some time and it inspire me for creating my own home theater.

On the begging plan was simple. Create a htpc for living room when i can watch movies and tv series on my tv. Since I don't have Ethernet in this room I was stuck with Wifi only. After hours of reading i decided that e-350 is the way to go. After about week later I necessary pieces arrived so i can finally set it up.

Specification:
Case : Lian Li PC-Q09FB
Mobo: Asrock e-350M1 USB3
SSD: Kingston 30 GB SSD
Ram: Kingston 2x2GB DDR3
Keyboard/mouse: Logitech DiNovo Mini
Wifi: Netgear WNDA3100v2

Some comments about each part
Case - I'm really happy with it, it's small and it looking awesome. The only minor issue is the fact that this is fingerprints magnet.

Mobo: It doesn't have problem with playing 1080p of any kind. As for menu handling, this isn't completely smooth but it's far from annoying. With default fan on CPU it is also quite audible when there is no other sound from speakers.

Keyboard/mouse: I have quite a lot problems with it. At first it looks great and works great. But after some time i started noticing it's issues. The range of the supplied BT receiver is really limited, to the point when i need to plug the BT receiver to the front panel to get it to works in entire room. And sometimes after turning on htpc it just doesn't connect to the htpc and i need to remove the backplate to reset it. Overall it's "good enough" which is not something i expect on hardware of this price.

Wifi: It is connected to my netgear wndr3700 router over 5GHz network. It has no problem running most of my 720p/1080p blueray rips. The only problem it has was the movie with 30000 kbps video bitrate (plus DTS-MA). And even with that, after i switched to ftp instead of samba, I managed to run it without stutter.

After i finished my build i decided that 32" tv isn't enough so i bought a projector with 120" screen.
Other hardware:
Source: Synology ds211j.
AVR: Yamaha rx-v767
Speakers: Quadral Quintas 5000 + Jamo sub650 (LFE speaker)
Projector: Epson EH-TW3200

Image Image

After i set everything up it is really impressing and i don't regret money spent on this build.

You can see rest of the pictures here:
http://imgur.com/a/bbptl#0
And this is video showing how e-350 handling aeon2 skin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOYaIvr6iXE

When i find some time I'm planning to check the harmony remote because using three remotes isn't user-friendly enough. I need to hide some cables too.
wow exeq!! nice setup man!!

all AMD CPU COOLERS are noisy,,,
at least to me...

its a known thing that E350 platform
doesnt give you the fluidity of menu navigation people look for...

im not a fan of Bluetooth devices for my HTPC,
i stick to RF!

Smile
eskro Wrote:all AMD CPU COOLERS are noisy,,,
at least to me...

its a known thing that E350 platform
Smile

Try Downloading the AMD "drivers" software for the e350 platform...
I believe it allows for a little overclock on the Gfx and also allows you to control fan to some degree AKA profiling...I remember when I setup my Bro's Foxconn "NTA3500"...
oh yeah, i just use speedFAN application to do the job!
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showcase of my build0