Trouble deleting a source folder
Hello,

I have some duplicate folders in my source library that I am trying to delete. On some folders, I can just hold down menu and remove source will show up in that pop up menu. However, other folders it will not give me an option to remove source.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I think it might be a bug. I've had that happen to me too, but that was months ago and I don't have my ATV2 in front of me right now.
Thanks for your reply. I figured my best recourse was to uninstall and reinstall xbmc, so I tried that using the command apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2. That successfully got rid of xbmc, however when I reinstalled it, the file structure was still there. Somehow the preferences did not get removed.

Any ideas how to install xbmc from scratch?

Thanks!
I'm guessing that command didn't remove your userdata folder, which is where your video library resides, so it was still there when you reinstalled.

Instead of attempting a clean install, you could just blow away your video database at
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos##.db
Thanks for your help...

I deleted the two files that read myvideos.db, but it still has not removed them from my system. I even went as far as uninstalling xbmc again after deleting those files, but when I reinstalled it, the folders were STILL there.

Any suggestions?
video sources are stored in

private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml

You can also edit this file with a text editor to remove entries, so you don't have to re-add the ones you want to keep.
That did it! Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble deleting a source folder0