Case & Other Parts I Need
Smile 
Hey Guys, I currently have a Zotac Mag Mini as my HTPC & Server for Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, and Couchpotato. Everything is running smooth except that the Mag Mini is getting really hot. I have an external eSata hard drive connected to it where all of the files are downloaded, stored, and played from. I also have a Boxee Box (no bueno, scrubbing is extremely slow and in accurate, and they push paid tv shows on you even after you have deleted all the tv show files).

I have a feeling this Zotac is going to die on me. I have read the eskro's guides but I just dont like the case. I dont believe they are quite enough for me.

Basically what i'm looking for is an extremely quite setup. My wife is cooco and I swear has the most sensitive hearing. So in order to please here I need your advice.

Quite case, Fancy looking, Blu Ray player, HDMI out, 1080, will use XBMC Live, 2 TB storage, It will server other HTPCs, I want to add a TV tuner card so I can cancel my damn cable and record 2 or 4 shows at a time. Most important I wanted it powerful and very very very very x 2 quite. What do you recommened?

Hope this makes sense, I had a few glasses of Cognac. Lol Smile
Whats your budget? If you have a high budget i dont see why any of that can't be accomplished..

Also how would a tv tuner card work if your canceling cable? Tv tuner card records or lets you watch live tv from your cable..

Also are you planning on running this with windows?

If so Follow this. AMD + ATI + Windows = A great working HTPC

I have 4 built computers now with AMD and they all work great and over clock easy and never have any issues. Many people here use the whole AMD and ATI setup such as Eskro or Blu-ray or Beer40z etc.
I will install an antenna and hopefully receive the local channels. I would prefer to use xbmclive. My budget would be around $350
Quiet and powerful doesn't go well. Unless you hide your HTPC and you only see your IR receiver...

The Silverstone GD05/04 might fit the bill though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Case & Other Parts I Need0