paging Memphiz...NFS write issue :)
Hoping someone (I'm looking over at Memphiz, el resident NFS guru) might be able to help with this. I seem to be having some problems writing to my NAS over NFS. The ArtworkDownloader script fails to write files to it, and I just tried doing a simple file copy using XBMC's File Manager and that fails too.

I seem to be able to read without any problems. My video sources on my NAS all use NFS and work fine. But writing is the problem. The logs just say things like this:

Code:
10:24:41 T:122499072   DEBUG: FileManager: copy special://profile/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/DOWNLOADS/brave_trlr_02_720p_dl-trailer.mov -> nfs://192.168.1.211/volume3/tvshows/Agatha Christie's Marple/brave_trlr_02_720p_dl-trailer.mov
10:24:41 T:122499072 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //Agatha Christie's Marple/brave_trlr_02_720p_dl-trailer.mov
10:24:41 T:122499072   ERROR: Failed to pwrite(volume3/tvshows/Agatha Christie's Marple/brave_trlr_02_720p_dl-trailer.mov) nfs_pwrite_async failed
10:24:41 T:122499072   ERROR: Cache - Failed write to file nfs://192.168.1.211/volume3/tvshows/Agatha Christie's Marple/brave_trlr_02_720p_dl-trailer.mov
10:24:41 T:122499072   DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file volume3/tvshows/Agatha Christie's Marple/brave_trlr_02_720p_dl-trailer.mov

I checked my /etc/exports again just to make sure, and it seems okay--

Code:
/volume3/web    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/FILESBACKUP    *(rw,sync,no_wdelay,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume3/photos    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume3/files    *(rw,sync,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume3/music    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume3/tvshows    *(rw,async,insecure,no_wdelay,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume3/movies    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)

On my Synology NAS, I have NFS privs set to Read/Write for all, no root squash. If I look at the folder/file permissions, they're all set to 777 all the way down...EXCEPT for the top level "volume3" disk drive folder, which is set to 755 permissions. I tried setting that to 777 just to see if it made a difference, but I still got the file copy "write failed" error.

Of course, I can write just fine to my NAS from any of my Macs on my LAN.

Any ideas what this might be about? Is it an owner:group issue, where maybe the NAS is not allowing XBMC's owner:group setting from the ATV2? Or something else?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hmmm. I just read another thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111031&page=21

And I was just able to confirm the same behaviour described in the first post on that page. I can copy files under around 64KB, but anything over that size fails. Weird! Is this a known issue?

EDIT: I'm going to do some more testing on this. I have an idea...
Same here. I have issues writing new logo and poster images with the fancy new artwork downloader
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I reported something similar over here. If its not a NFS permission-or-whatever-thing on server side, then its definitly not only ATV2 related because i had those problems on OS X aswell.

This is my exports file:
Code:
/volume1/serien    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume2/filme    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume2/musik    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/temp    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
Can you guys with these NFS write issues try copying a file with the XBMC file manager to your NAS? One file under 64KB, and one larger file?
full log *whispering*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:full log *whispering*

lol...*bashing head* I deserved that, didn't I....

http://pastebin.com/b2sUQvdD
File copy smaller then 64kb is fine, test copy with a file of 120kb fails. Same error messages as in your log or as in mine when trying to export database.
Excellent, thanks Maetrik. Glad it's not just me! That's the oddest thing, that files under 64KB copy fine, but files larger don't. I wonder if it's some kind of NFS config gone wrong with XBMC?

I'm sure Memphiz will get it all sorted Smile
And i'm sure i can't reproduce (as so often). I copied multiple files even complete folders with xbmc file manager to my nfs server. Using nightlys on osx, ios and linux. And it worked on all of them. So this might be an issue with the used server.

Darkscout my friend? You are geek enough to provide a wireshark capture when it fails right? ^^ Big Grin

I would forward this one to the upstream libnfs dev who normally fixes things like this in no time.

It might be even already fixed in his master branch - but i'm not allowed to bump the used libnfs version until eden is released.

So long story short. A wireshark capture from when it fails - and chances are good for sorting this issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Can you please show us your exports Memphiz? Maybe your settings are slightly different?
Memphiz Wrote:And i'm sure i can't reproduce (as so often). I copied multiple files even complete folders with xbmc file manager to my nfs server. Using nightlys on osx, ios and linux. And it worked on all of them. So this might be an issue with the used server.

Darkscout my friend? You are geek enough to provide a wireshark capture when it fails right? ^^ Big Grin

I would forward this one to the upstream libnfs dev who normally fixes things like this in no time.

It might be even already fixed in his master branch - but i'm not allowed to bump the used libnfs version until eden is released.

So long story short. A wireshark capture from when it fails - and chances are good for sorting this issue.

Maetrik Wrote:Can you please show us your exports Memphiz? Maybe your settings are slightly different?
Darn. I doubt it's an exports settings thing...it feels more like a libnfs issue as Memphiz said.

Memphiz, I don't suppose (grasping at straws here) that there's a way for us to manually test the latest version of libnfs (I think 1.2 came out a couple days ago if I'm not mistaken) with XBMC on the ATV2, even if you can't include the latest version in XBMC until Eden release?

Which version of libnfs are you using, btw?
Maetrik, you're not using a Synology NAS by any chance, are you?

EDIT: Never mind...I see that someone else has the same issue but is using a ReadyNAS. This definitely seems to point at libnfs as the culprit.
you could compile it yourself ... no time for this (tbh i gave it a quick shot and it just totally bombed out the nfs functionality ... so i'll take care of the version bump when its time to ... not now)

we use this version atm:

https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/commi...996380eaf7
Memphiz Wrote:you could compile it yourself ... no time for this (tbh i gave it a quick shot and it just totally bombed out the nfs functionality ... so i'll take care of the version bump when its time to ... not now)

we use this version atm:

https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/commi...996380eaf7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
paging Memphiz...NFS write issue :)0